Anyone heard of "Passion Island"?

Donna42

I agree that Carrie is very professional. I emailed her some follow up questions and she responded back to me in 8 minutes :)

The problem with DH is that he isn't a relaxation, laying in a hammock guy. He needs to keep busy or he will get restless. I will have to email Carrie and see if they have volleyball nets. Maybe we'll bring our snorkel stuff...it really doesn't matter what the activity is, he just needs to keep busy!

And thanks for all your help in these threads too! You've been very informative

I agree that Carrie is very professional. I emailed her some follow up questions and she responded back to me in 8 minutes :)

The problem with DH is that he isn't a relaxation' date=' laying in a hammock guy. He needs to keep busy or he will get restless. I will have to email Carrie and see if they have volleyball nets. Maybe we'll bring our snorkel stuff...it really doesn't matter what the activity is, he just needs to keep busy!

And thanks for all your help in these threads too! You've been very informative[/quote']

OH! I see what you mean.

Yes, I've heard that there are volleyball nets, as well as paddle-boats and kayaks. My kids are taking their snorkle gear too...I heard it's good (but not great) there.

I'm sure Carrie will have an answer for any question you throw at her. :D

OH! I see what you mean.

Yes, I've heard that there are volleyball nets, as well as paddle-boats and kayaks. My kids are taking their snorkle gear too...I heard it's good (but not great) there.

I'm sure Carrie will have an answer for any question you throw at her. :D

do you know if the paddle-boats and kayaks are included for our use, or are they extra?

we usually have fun snorkling whether it's good or not :D just being in the water is fine with me! I'm really excited about this!!

From what I remember, the water trampoline, volleyball, and paddle-boats are included. There are kiddy ATV's & face painting too...not to mention, just walking around the island itself. I think there's an additional charge if you want to do the kayak tour...but I would check with Carrie to get all the details.

Our family will be there for about 4 - 4.5 hours, so they will spend the majority of their time in the water. Another hour for eating, and using the trampoline will pretty much fill up the day. I plan to just soak up some rays, eat & drink a few frozen concoctions, and explore the island & gift shop!

GOOD TIMES!!!

So if I can talk my DH into going (he is Irish and burns easily' date=' so not very fond of the beach), we will so be there! I would LOVE a relaxing, romantic day. I played corona commercials for him last night on youtube...my attempts to show him how beautiful it is. Is there anything on the island that could keep my DH busy? [/quote']

If you look a my small pic he could have fun girl watching as this was last Oct. Even my DW commented how good looking she was.

Also don't worry about too much sun, there's plenty of shady spots to sit under and enjoy the cold Corona's.

The bad thing about the island is the price. The really good thing about the island is the price. When you pull into Cozumel and see 3 other ships you know that has to be about 11 or 12,000 people. When we were on the Island it never had over 250 or 300 people on it.

If you need excitement this is most probably not the place for you.

If you look a my small pic he could have fun girl watching as this was last Oct. Even my DW commented how good looking she was.

Also don't worry about too much sun, there's plenty of shady spots to sit under and enjoy the cold Corona's.

The bad thing about the island is the price. The really good thing about the island is the price. When you pull into Cozumel and see 3 other ships you know that has to be about 11 or 12,000 people. When we were on the Island it never had over 250 or 300 people on it.

If you need excitement this is most probably not the place for you.

did you guys take the twister boat to the island? Honestly, that's what I'm looking most forward too! And I don't know that he needs excitement as much as he just needs something to keep himself busy. Hopefully, i'll be the only gal he's lookin at though ;)

ETA: 250 people sounds perfect. we don't want to go to a place that is mobbed!

did you guys take the twister boat to the island? Honestly' date=' that's what I'm looking most forward too! And I don't know that he needs excitement as much as he just needs something to keep himself busy. Hopefully, i'll be the only gal he's lookin at though ;)

ETA: 250 people sounds perfect. we don't want to go to a place that is mobbed![/quote']

Us guys are guys and we do read the menu, hopefully for us we go home and have a home cooked meal instead of the Big Mac.

We took the bus and it took a while to get there but if the Twister boat gets us there faster to spend more time then count me in, I'm good for a few more bucks.

Is the Twister too scary for little kids? I have an 8, 6 and 5 year old. Thanks!

I found a good video clip on YouTube. Check it out:

As you can see on the video, all passengers are wearing life vests and secured with seat belts, so I would think that if the kids like amusement rides...it should be okay. To be on the "safe side", I would write to Carrie at TourCozumel(at)hotmail(dot)com. She is fantastic, and will promptly answer any question you can throw at her. Tell her that Kim sent you! ;)

did you guys take the twister boat to the island? Honestly' date=' that's what I'm looking most forward too! And I don't know that he needs excitement as much as he just needs something to keep himself busy. Hopefully, i'll be the only gal he's lookin at though ;)

ETA: 250 people sounds perfect. we don't want to go to a place that is mobbed![/quote']

I'm actually up in the air about wether to do the twister or the vip beach package. When I emailed Carrie she said do to the time of year that they normally have about 100-150 people per day between now and september.

Oh, okay! Well, that takes care of that problem!! :)

Thank you everyone for being soooo helpful!! I am just in love with this forum. It is really helping to make our first cruise an amazing experience, I just know it!

Hi scooper4~

From everything that I've read...there's plenty for the young ones to do. (Water trampoline, go-karts, beach volley ball, paddle boats, and a kid's area.....and sand...lots of it, for building their castles!) The older crowd will enjoy the hammocks, palapas, Mexican buffet and open bar!

The day I was there some of the staff played some games with the children and included the parents as well. I didn't go over to where they were, but it looked like they were playing with water balloons. So they do try have something for everyone.

Carrie is amazing- really on top of things. I spoke with her about the Twister for my 5 year old daughter, and unfortunatly the minumum age is 7. She suggested the VIP tour for families with young children. We can't wait!

Thanks for clearing that up.

Oh, okay! Well, that takes care of that problem!! :)

Thank you everyone for being soooo helpful!! I am just in love with this forum. It is really helping to make our first cruise an amazing experience, I just know it!

Hope you get to enjoy your day in Cozumel.

Well, count me in as another Carrie fan! She is very helpful and organized. I really appreciated her quick responses and willingness to answer all my questions.

We are excited for our trip to Passion Island!! :)

Thanks for clearing that up.

Hope you get to enjoy your day in Cozumel.

Hi Ken~

Since YOU are the one that turned me on to Carrie in the first place...... maybe you can answer this question. Does Carrie work for an independent operator that has ties to the island, or work for the owner's directly? I would love to do a review on her specifically so she can get the attention that she deserves. Whoever it is that she represents has got one of the best employees they could ever hope to have, and I hope they realize what a treasure she is! Everyone that I have referred to her has always come back saying the same thing...she is simply amazing!! If the island is anything like the representative (usually, that's said the other way around)...then I know we won't be dissappointed!

I know you had to postpone your trip there recently...have you had a chance to make plans to go later? You'll have to write a review! :D

Hi Ken~

Since YOU are the one that turned me on to Carrie in the first place...... maybe you can answer this question. Does Carrie work for an independent operator that has ties to the island, or work for the owner's directly? I would love to do a review on her specifically so she can get the attention that she deserves. Whoever it is that she represents has got one of the best employees they could ever hope to have, and I hope they realize what a treasure she is! Everyone that I have referred to her has always come back saying the same thing...she is simply amazing!! If the island is anything like the representative (usually, that's said the other way around)...then I know we won't be dissappointed!

I know you had to postpone your trip there recently...have you had a chance to make plans to go later? You'll have to write a review! :D

I do not know what status she holds or who she works for, i do know when I emailed the comapany site I was answered by her. Yes we are going to enjoy two great land vacation weeks in June. I do know that everytime I emailed her I was replied and treated above what i would have expected.

Hi Ken~

Ok I asked her directly your question her reply is yes she sells tours for the company, she is not am employee but just gets paid for doing all the online business, but only by bookings. Hopes this helps.

As Kim has said you might ask the tour provider.

My kids used to drag me (kicking and screaming) onto enormous roller-coasters. Adults are more likely to become freightened than children. It's for individual safety reasons alone they have a minimum age limit. My kids exite roller-coaster rides yelling "let's go again" and I crawl out of the floorboard asking "where is the ferris wheel".

See this great "Twister" boat at http://www.*****

Give it a whirl; it nothing short of a Disneyland ride to paradise. The little island is beautiful.

My kids used to drag me (kicking and screaming) onto enormous roller-coasters. Adults are more likely to become freightened than children. It's for individual safety reasons alone they have a minimum age limit. My kids exite roller-coaster rides yelling "let's go again" and I crawl out of the floorboard asking "where is the ferris wheel".

See this great "Twister" boat at http://www.*****

Give it a whirl; it nothing short of a Disneyland ride to paradise. The little island is beautiful.

Jim, thank you for the discription sounds like what I'm looking for.

Archived