Anyone heard of "Passion Island"?

Donna42

Since we're going the same day, I wonder why I didn't get the e-mail with the picture. <pout> Anyway, thanks for posting the drinks. They sound good to me.

I got my picture and e mail from carrie this morning! It is beautiful! This is gonna be great and i love the drink choices! I hope i can make it back to the boat since im such a lightweight with alchol:)

I got my picture from Carrie today too! It makes me want to be there right now. I wanted the paradise so bad I said forget dinner, I'm going to hang out at the pool for an hour. My hours up, back to reality.

"They closed the island at 12:15 local time and it was known to everyone that is was time to leave. When I say closed...I mean that as in everyone goes home. The guy in charge joked that it was time for his afternoon siesta!

The Island itself is gorgeous, the food was good, and the staff were nice. It is a very pretty place to visit, but for me, it was way too much time and effort out of my day when Paradise Beach or Nachi Cocum are just as pretty (this is only my opinion, mind you) and it doesn't take NEARLY as much effort to get to. (and I like being able to leave when *I* am ready) "

I've been trying to skim through this thread as well as look at the Passion Island website and I'm still not clear...How much time do you get to stay? How do I know when the Twister will leave and return? If you do the bus and other boat combo, are they leaving at regular intervals? And why would it close at 12:15 - according to previous poster? It doesn't seem like it would be worth all the time to get there.

"They closed the island at 12:15 local time and it was known to everyone that is was time to leave. When I say closed...I mean that as in everyone goes home. The guy in charge joked that it was time for his afternoon siesta!

I've been trying to skim through this thread as well as look at the Passion Island website and I'm still not clear...How much time do you get to stay? How do I know when the Twister will leave and return? If you do the bus and other boat combo, are they leaving at regular intervals? And why would it close at 12:15 - according to previous poster? It doesn't seem like it would be worth all the time to get there.

blessedwith12,

I wonder if the OP was referring to our time zone or Cozumel's (which is an hour difference)? I've been told by Carrie that each tour lasts approx. 5 hours total...that includes the time it takes to travel there. I have written to her and will let you know what I find out. ;)

Thanks - any information you get will be great. I love what I've seen/heard about Passion Island, but I think Nachi has spoiled me. We were there for 6 hours. If you deduct transportation time, I don't know if that will be enough beach time for me. I'll be glad to hear what you find out.

As promised, I wrote to Carrie...and as always, she responded immediately! (She's the greatest!!)

The following are exerpts from her emails:

email #1: Our hours are open to how long guests want to stay, with exception of twister, and or ship tours. With twister the captain of the boat will instruct you at what time to return to our pier for the venture back, normally arround 5-5.5 hrs. The person saying 12:15 was actually here during our normal time so we for example we're 2hrs off her ship time so ship time was 2:15 pm, and they were picked up at pier at 8:30 am. The other group that left at 1: pm requested the driver to return for there group at that time. Today we have late ship so all is available till 6pm island time. We had several guest yesterday on the triumph that pick up at 9:30 am and never return to pier till 7pm. We are very open to our guest and their requests.

email #2: Maybe I explain twister wrong way, it is 5-5.5 hrs unless you are a private group. If private, then ask captain for longer if you like.

I hope this clears up any confusion that was created. We have to remember that there is a time zone difference which changes depending upon the time of year. I would suggest that "if in doubt, ask the Guide" - that way you know you are on the right "wave-length". I think Carrie is probably one of the biggest assets that Passion Island has, and if the island is even half as good as she claims it is...then I know we are in for a real treat! :D

Thanks for the information. This looks like a fantastic place. I'm not going until next March so I have a lot of time to watch the reviews of this place keep coming in. I was really afraid that after Nachi, no other place would seem as nice but this looks great.

Thanks for the information. This looks like a fantastic place. I'm not going until next March so I have a lot of time to watch the reviews of this place keep coming in. I was really afraid that after Nachi, no other place would seem as nice but this looks great.

I'll be sure to write a review for you then. We are going the first week of June and have a group of 12 doing the Twister over to the Island. I'll even try to include some photos for you! :D

I'll be sure to write a review for you then. We are going the first week of June and have a group of 12 doing the Twister over to the Island. I'll even try to include some photos for you! :D

Hey that is not fair that you get there before me...:D I'll be a few days behind you, I think you owe us all a semi live update when you stumble back to the ship..:D

Hey that is not fair that you get there before me...:D I'll be a few days behind you, I think you owe us all a semi live update when you stumble back to the ship..:D

Ken: We're going to be there a week after Caribbean Kim. When are you going to be there?

The person saying 12:15 was actually here during our normal time so we for example we're 2hrs off her ship time so ship time was 2:15 pm, and they were picked up at pier at 8:30 am. This statement is referring to what I said, and yes we did leave the island at 12:15 local time, 2:15 ship time. However, "CARRIE" is off a bit about the time we were picked up. It was 9:00 local time, 11:00 ship time. So by the time we traveled via taxi, then WAITED over 30 mins on the boat to take us over to the island, it was past 10 am island time. So we were only on the island two hours. I just wanted to state this to clear up "any confusion". I have since been told that the kinks have been worked out, which is great. I wish them all the best, but this excursion just wasn't for me!!

I think Carrie is probably one of the biggest assets that Passion Island has, and if the island is even half as good as she claims it is...then I know we are in for a real treat! :D Kim, you should go into business with Carrie. It seems you know your stuff.

Hope this helps to clear up any questions.

The Island itself is gorgeous, the food was good, and the staff were nice. It is a very pretty place to visit, but for me, it was way too much time and effort out of my day when Paradise Beach or Nachi Cocum are just as pretty (this is only my opinion, mind you) and it doesn't take NEARLY as much effort to get to. (and I like being able to leave when *I* am ready) "

It wasn't! That was my gripe. The island is gorgeous with great service. If you get to stay all day or as long as you want, then go for it. I think you'll have a great time. It seems that the kinks have been worked out and if so, then you should be pleased.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for turning me on to Carrie in the first place!! I can't wait to get there, and I'll be sure to post a review as soon as we get back...(can't promise a "live" review though) ;)

Hi Ken,

Thanks for turning me on to Carrie in the first place!! I can't wait to get there, and I'll be sure to post a review as soon as we get back...(can't promise a "live" review though) ;)

oh shoot, I'm going to miss your review! We'll be getting on the ship as you are getting off, and I really was looking forward to reading about the twister excursion from you!

I guess I'll just have to wait a couple extra days and see for myself :)

oh and Carrie wrote me again saying that she had forgotten to mention that there are also frozen drink included (hopefully pina coladas. YUM), and top shelf liquor available for $4.

Hi Ken,

Gosh, ok if you hurry home and post one I should be able to see it before I get there.:D

oh and Carrie wrote me again saying that she had forgotten to mention that there are also frozen drink included (hopefully pina coladas. YUM)' date=' and top shelf liquor available for $4.[/quote']

I think I do remember the island worker telling us that pina coladas and daiquiris were included. I hope you have a great day there and please give a review when you get back.

Just back from our cruise. We went to Passion Island. Hugo was our tour director. I read somewhere that he would know everyone's name by the time you arrived on the island. Not, didn't know anyone's name. We had to go to the kitchen to get all food and drinks, no one served anyone on the beach. We didn't see Hugo after he explained the island to us until right before it was time to leave. We spent exactly 3 hours on the island from the time we arrived. Would I go back, absolutely. It was the prettiest beach I have ever seen. Far better that Paradise Beach imho. The food was just ok. The chicken was dried out and someone said the fish wasn't much. As far as drinks go, they never said anything about any mixed drinks but I think if you asked you probably could have had some from the free bar. I drank beer and water. Hugo kept emphasizing the beer and mineral water so I think that is what they wanted you to drink.

With only 1 ship in port there were only about 60 people on the island.

We did get a massage, it was $40 for a 30 min. relaxation massage and $45 for a 30 minute deep tissue massage. Both were great.

Just back from our cruise. We went to Passion Island. Hugo was our tour director. I read somewhere that he would know everyone's name by the time you arrived on the island. Not, didn't know anyone's name. We had to go to the kitchen to get all food and drinks, no one served anyone on the beach. We didn't see Hugo after he explained the island to us until right before it was time to leave. We spent exactly 3 hours on the island from the time we arrived. Would I go back, absolutely. It was the prettiest beach I have ever seen. Far better that Paradise Beach imho. The food was just ok. The chicken was dried out and someone said the fish wasn't much. As far as drinks go, they never said anything about any mixed drinks but I think if you asked you probably could have had some from the free bar. I drank beer and water. Hugo kept emphasizing the beer and mineral water so I think that is what they wanted you to drink.

We did get a massage, it was $40 for a 30 min. relaxation massage and $45 for a 30 minute deep tissue massage. Both were great.

Sounds like you did a ship tour?

I'm sorry to hear that your Guide didn't end up being what you had been told...but glad that the island itself lived up to your expectations! I'm just curious which tour you took (jeep, bus & boat or Twister) and if it was through the ship or tourcozumel?

I'm sorry Hugo didn't live up to your expectations. I thought he was great; he gave us LOTS of attention. Maybe he was filling in for someone else that day, too, and was extra busy???:confused:

FYI, I recently received an email from Carrie and she thanked me for letting her know what went on and told me they had definitely made changes. It seems the day we went that their was some miscommunication, which was NOT her fault, and since then, that person no longer handles the scheduling. We were supposed to get a longer time on the island and Carrie just hated it that things didn't go as well as they should have.

Carrie even offered us a day at Passion Island the next time we are in Cozumel. I thought this was a very nice gesture. So, folks, rest assured that you should have an awesome day and that you are in good hands booking through Carrie. I guess it just takes a bit to work the kinks out and it sounds like things are smooth as silk now.

HTH others in making your decision about PI. At this point, I am excited about going again in the future and will go into it with a new attitude. We have Nachi already booked for our next cruise, but maybe I'll see PI again soon!!

Archived