Anyone heard of "Passion Island"?

Donna42

I was looking for this excursion today and it seems Carnival doesnt offer it on my cruise......Is booking through Tour Cozumel the only way to get there?

If it's not offered on your cruise, then yes I think tourcozumel is the only way. Or at least the only way I have heard of. :) From what I've read on this board, it seems that sometimes it is offered by Carnival, and sometimes not. I wonder what is up with that?

BTW, I'd book privately anyway if I were you, that way you get to stay all day on the island and you get to decide when its time for you to leave..

Hi everyone. Not sure if anyone can answer this for me.. I am tossed between taking the excursion to passion island by "thriller" which is a really fast boat there.. or doing the dolphin encounter at DD.

I really want to do both but the times conflict. The dolphin encounters are only at 1,2 and 3 30 and the excursion with carnival is from 12-5.

is there any other way i can get to that island a little later through another excursion service??

can anyone recommend one over the other???

Hi everyone. Not sure if anyone can answer this for me.. I am tossed between taking the excursion to passion island by "thriller" which is a really fast boat there.. or doing the dolphin encounter at DD.

I really want to do both but the times conflict. The dolphin encounters are only at 1,2 and 3 30 and the excursion with carnival is from 12-5.

is there any other way i can get to that island a little later through another excursion service??

I would email Carrie at the emaill addy above, I have used her service a couple of times. Sounds like your ship arrives late?

Just a suggestion, but I would do a beach closer to the pier and then try to hit the 3:30 dolphin encounter. Look at Mr. Sanchos, it is getting some really good reviews on this board, and i think its one of the cheaper AI's if you choose to go that route (Carrie offered it to me for $45 sale price; you may ask about that).

Wow,''I just read through this whole thread. Lots of changes have been made I see.

WE are booked on the Carnival excursion, but I am concerned that there won't be enough to do, except sit around.

Any updates of activities at Passion?

Thanks

Not sure whay you would book with the ship when you can get more for less.

Not to poke a stick into it...but I have not seen any posts of successful trips via tourcozumel and if they have fixed their differences with the local folks.

I had a wonderful time at Passion Island. I booked with tourcozumel. Carrie is the best person to work with. She has excellent customer service skills. If you want to see a review of the Twister excursion the link is in my signature. There are pictures in the review as well. :)

Could I ask a question. The whole thing is about the boat right, and who you buy time on it from.

Is there a difference in the activities on the island once you get there?

I mean, does this woman, who everyone says is a great person, have different activities than the Carnival group?

Could I ask a question. The whole thing is about the boat right, and who you buy time on it from.

Is there a difference in the activities on the island once you get there?

I mean, does this woman, who everyone says is a great person, have different activities than the Carnival group?

For me, it was getting to stay all day. We decided not to do the Twister, but rather go with the taxi/ferry option. Around noon (island time), they came around and announced it was time for Carnival cruisers to leave, and it was soooo nice to know we still had hours to enjoy the island, pretty much to ourselves.We decided when we were ready to leave, and let our tour guide know. He then arranged for our transportation back. This option is only offered by Carrie.

As far as booking the Twister with her, I would think that the numbers are smaller and you would get more individualized attention (not to mention how things move very slowly when going on a ship excursion, due to the number of people). But I can't attest to this as I haven't done the twister, only going by what she told me when we booked.

The activities and food are the same.

My dh owns his own business, so I know what it's like to be a small fish in a very big pond. And for this reason, I try to always book my tours with a smaller business, to help them out.

I have had great luck using Carrie and as you can tell, I highly recommend her. She just tried so hard to please and I feel like I owe it to her to let others know what great service she provided.

So why bother with poking? Most happy people don't return to post.

True, but I think this is different. Something changed from the time that you, and the several other folks posting here had their 'wonderful' trip. There were more than one report of something being amiss this summer. Everyone stayed positive and encouraged others to try again.

I think a post back to either put this excursion back into a good light, or to continue to serve as caution to others...is a good idea. I like that you and others keep posting great comments, but they are based on trips in the past. I just wanted some evidence for current trips.

I'll stop keeping up with this thread now.

We are doing this excursion for the Twister boat. We did it once before in Cancun, when Wilma came through, and many excursions were sent toward the Cancun area.

We are not much for beaches, because everyone gets bored, so it will be worth it to ride the boat again, which was so much fun.

True, but I think this is different. Something changed from the time that you, and the several other folks posting here had their 'wonderful' trip. There were more than one report of something being amiss this summer. Everyone stayed positive and encouraged others to try again.

I think a post back to either put this excursion back into a good light, or to continue to serve as caution to others...is a good idea. I like that you and others keep posting great comments, but they are based on trips in the past. I just wanted some evidence for current trips.

I'll stop keeping up with this thread now.

Not sure when you visited or was due to visist. I was there mid june and mid aug, no problems. If you would like to place blame that should be on carnival.

Thanks everyone, I was all set to try Xcaret or Chankanaab until I started reading about Passion Island. ;)

Has anyone here also tried the other two? Especially the "under ground river" at Xcaret, that just sounds really cool.

But now I am leaning more toward Passion. We'll be there in February. Will I be running into cool water?

Archived