Anyone heard of "Passion Island"?

Donna42

Unfortunately, much of Cozumel's flora was damaged or destroyed by Wilma's wind's and salt water BUT...It is coming back, or has been replaced... in most places, just takes a little time. ..I wouldn't let that stop me from enjoying a location.

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone have any info on this excursion being available only until Oct. 21? I did call Princess, but she just said they would be re-doing the web site excursions. They haven't yet, and I'm wondering if the excursion is available after we get to Cozumel. We did it last summer and enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there is another beach on Cozumel that is similiar to Passion Island just not as pricey? It doesn't have to be a private island or anything. I have just read that the actual time you get on Passion Island is so short, only three hours, and that the comfy lounges are gone.

We have done San Francisco Beach Club and did really enjoy it but it was alittle busy for our taste and we would like to have a view of the water that doesn't have a big iceburg thingy or parasailing boat in the way.

We are looking for quiet relaxation, few to no kids and privacy, with a restuarant and bar available but it doesn't have to be included in the price. We are not interested in water sports so it doesn't have to have any of those things, just food and drinks. Woul consider doing a all-inclusive hotel for the day. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

With those criteria, the only one that fits is Uvas. Check out their website for more info:

http://www.playauvas.com/

Solita,

Thanks for your recommendation for Uvas. I went to the website and the place looks wonderful, sooooooo relaxing and I love those white lounges. I don't think I would have found this place on my own. I have done what I thought was a lot of online research for Cozumel beaches and have never seen this place even mentioned. I think you are the CozumelInsider Solita!!!:p Thanks.:D

Thanks for the kind words but I just love this little island and really enjoy helping others to enjoy it as much as I do! I usually go to Paradise Beach and would have recommended it but they have beach/water toys. The beach area at Uvas isn´t huge so keep that in mind. But it is still unknown and shouldn´t be crowded. Have fun!!!

• 4 weeks later...

We went 2 years ago and then were back again 2 weeks ago. The hurricane really messed up the trees on the island, but they have rebuilt all the huts and shops back even better. We had the time of our life both times. On the trip we took 2 weeks ago, we had 11 other friends along. Some of those are particular so I was a bit worried they would not enjoy the trip as much as we would. When we left to go back to the ship they thanked us for telling them about the excursion. If you have any particular questions I will try to answer them.

Lisa

When I was at Passion Island 2 wks. before Wilma last year it was very basic - S-shaped plastic lounges, food, drinks, and a little shopping under the palms and palapas - no floating mattresses, kayaks, etc., so I'd be surprised if they have them there now. It is a gorgeous little beach but there is nothing but sandy bottom so don't bother with taking snorkle gear here. Go for the seclusion, the good food and drinks, and the unobstructed view. Well worth the trip - too bad you don't get to stay longer than 3 hours on the tours...

They did not have kayaks or floating mattresses. They did have beach chairs and hammocks to use while you are there for no extra cost. We did not attempt to snorkel because the beach is white and the water is clear. In the past, we found that the fish adapt and are not that colorful. We did have angel fish swimming around us while we were swimming. It was soooo neat. They seemed to like the colorful swimsuits and then the kids would use the limes from our beers to get them to come right up to them. Did I mention before that they had the best guacamole (sp?) and pico we have ever had?

Lisa

Don't worry about your excursion to Passion Island. There is plenty of shade and clean restrooms. I was there in August of 2005 and the sea breeze keeps you cool and comfortable. The bus ride is a nice air-conditioned motor coach and your guide will be talking along the way so the 30-min. drive passes quickly and the jungle is interesting to see. The ferry is a 15 min. run across the mangrove and a good time to meet other passengers in the big open boat. There are also little shops on the island and the food and drinks are great - I definitely recommend Isla Pasion - it really is miles from ordinary!! :D

[quote name='claudia814']This sounds just wonderful although I'm sorry to read that they don't have floating mats. Please confirm that there are shade trees and restrooms.

How was the bus ride and ferry getting to the island? Any problems? Thanks in advance.[/quote]

I wanted to confirm on the trees and clean restrooms. Each time you go in the restroom the attendant goes in behind you and cleans the large amount of sand you leave behind from your suit and your feet. The trees were thinned out by the hurricane but there are still trees on the island. It is like the Corona commercial with the hammocks. That is where the commercial was filmed. It is beautiful and I know you will have a great, relaxing day. Wish I could be there right now these 100 degree days are getting old.

Lisa

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]We are going to book the Passion Island escape for December 2006. I can't wait. [/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=purple]Voyager W. Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our First AFT 1688"[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#800080]Voyager E. Caribbean 11/05[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#800080]S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

Passion island is on the northern end of the island, reached via small ferry boats. from the ferry landing you travel about 10 minutes on a dirt packed road to get to the main road, then about another 15 minutes (depending on traffic in town)...figure your total road time will be about 25 minutes + the 10-15 minute boat time to C+C.
(It is easier for me to judge distance by time when in Cozumel)
Hope this helps.

Archived