Anyone heard of "Passion Island"?

Donna42

Solita, my husband, daughter and I, plus four others have scheduled the shore excursion from the Grandeur. We will be there October 19th. Your description of Passion Island sounds wonderful. Anyway, this is an odd request...Do you have any brochures of Passion Island or anything else from Cozumel that are written in Spanish? My 12 year old daughter is in her first year of Spanish class and she will get extra points if she comes back with brochures in Spanish. If you don't have any, do you know where we might be able to pick some up while we are there? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solita... I would like to second how wonderful of an Island that it is... Me and my Husband did they Jeep Adventure to Paradise.. and had a blast.. Jose was our tour guide and he was so much fun...

But that Island is BEAUTIFUL... It rained for about 45min while we were there but it didn't ruin our fun... Great place to visit.. The hammocks and just lounging on the beach is worth whatever price it is.

We went to Passion Island a few years back and really enjoyed ourselves. The buffet was refreshing, the restrooms were immaculate and the drinks flowing! Hubby and I also filmed our version of the Corona commercial! What a hoot!

My wife and I did the Passion Island on a cold and rainy day. The weather was so bad that only about 20 people made the trip that day. (it got to about 80 that day, cool in the morning riding the boat to the island.)

The crew made it great. With so few people on the island, we really got personal care.

caro,

How lucky you are to work on Passion Island. :) :)

We just got back the 26th on the Conquest. We did the Jeep Adventure to Paradise, and it WAS WELL WORTH IT!!!

I wanted to stay longer;)

You have to tell Alfredo (our guide) "Hello from Arkansas" for me. I gave him an Arkansas Razorback hat, it was fun with him. He kept calling me "Arkansas", with an accent of course :)

I had the best guacomole of my life.

Thanks,

vic

caro,

How lucky you are to work on Passion Island. :) :)

We just got back the 26th on the Conquest. We did the Jeep Adventure to Paradise, and it WAS WELL WORTH IT!!!

I wanted to stay longer;)

You have to tell Alfredo (our guide) "Hello from Arkansas" for me. I gave him an Arkansas Razorback hat, it was fun with him. He kept calling me "Arkansas", with an accent of course :)

I had the best guacomole of my life.

Thanks,

vic

Best thing you could do was get rid of that hat :)LOL Just kidding

Things at work have kept me so busy lately. I just got back from the office! And we started at 6 this morning. I have to tell you all, Ivan was not a welcome visitor! But things are semi back to normal. I do apologize for my delay in responding to the posts.

Betsy....I will try to be at TMM pier on Dec. 8 to meet you. But if not, I will see you and your hubby on the island.

Ginag...we have alot of secluded areas. The farther north you explore, the less people. It's not called Passion Island for nothing! No really, it is named after the passion fruit that grows on the island. And we do have many areas where you can be alone.

Jrudy...I will try to find some info for your daughter in spanish. I'm sure I can come up with enough to get her lots of extra points!

erin6494...same price no matter where you book it - either me or shore ex.

vic...Alfredo and I were just talking about you last night! He is one of my best buds in the company. He really enjoyed meeting you and learning a new word..."Arkansas"

Take care everyone. Let me know if there are any questions that I can help you with. I promise to check the board every day or so regardless of workload! See you on the pier.

Caro

Best thing you could do was get rid of that hat :)LOL Just kidding

I take it your not a HAWG fan??? :)

I have to support 'em, I live here. I like basketball better than football though.

Caro,

Were you the beautiful lady taking our pictures? If so, you were the sweetest, even the pose the ladies did for their pics. were good, but I almost fell :) We don't remember seeing very many females on the island is why I ask. I absolutely will be back some day, and Alfredo better be wearing that scrungy red hat. :) :

We wanted to take him home with us, he was so cute. Of course we were about 20 yrs. older than him. :D

take care,

vic from ark

The girls that take the pictures are Thalia and Fabiola. They don't work for Passion Island but for a company that contracts out. But I'm sweet too! I am the only female tour guide and only female that works for the man who owns Passion Island. On your next cruise, please look for me and say hola. I just met Carol from the board...very nice lady! I am meeting more and more fellow posters. I love to hear ""Hey Caro, are you Solita?" I know right away that they are Cruise Critic readers!

Hello Caro!

I sure wish that I was back on Passion Island right now! As I have said many times, the island is sooo beautiful and peaceful! The Mexican Buffet is also a plus!!! We will be back again some day!

I was glad to finally meet you! You seem to really enjoy your "job" and you're definitely a "people" person! Thanks for being so nice here and on PI.

I hope DCL decides to include excursions to PI by next December!!! Then, I could bring my husband and children!:D

Carol

What's the cost for Passion Island?? I'm kinda torn between Passion Island and Paradise Beach. Transportation, food, and drinks are included at Passion Island, to whereas you have to find your own transportation, purchase food, and drinks at Paradise Beach. They both sound so wonderful!!

I cant decide!! Can someone help?

Hola...the price varies depending on which cruise line you take. And we don't work with all the lines. Both places are great in my opinion. I work on Passion Island and was just out to Paradise Beach yesterday on my day off! Enjoy whichever you choose.

It was great meeting you too! I feel like I have all these friends that come visit. But sad for me, they only to to stay a few hours. I doubt that we will be working with Disney like we were discussing in the palapa. They are just too "kid orienting" for our little island. Hard to put in sidewalks in the sand for the strollers! But I'm glad you had a good time. You will just have to book another cruise and bring them!!! Yes, I love my "job". Thanks for the compliment and hurry back.

We're surprising my mother-in-law with her first cruise as a Christmas/birthday present. She is an active 70 yr old, but still 70! We've been considering the beach buggy tour and then over to Paradise Beach before finishing up with some shopping in town...the more I hear about passion island - starting to wonder if that might be better than the beach buggy tour? Is the beach at Paradise straight & long - prefer a bay or coves - your thoughts?

My friend and I will be on RCI Enchantment in Jan and we are getting ready to book our trip to Passion Island and a few weeks.....You all make it sound so lovely...

I booked DCL Western for 2006,but probably would not want to take DD to Passion Island. It sounds more adult and a relaxing atmosphere. Maybe with her we will try Paradise beach.

I can't wait for our trip to Passion Island!! This is my first Non Disney Cruise with no kids along!!

Hola Cubsr#1 - my suggestion for your mom in law would not be the beach buggy. It is VERY rough...those buggies fly! Sounds like you are looking for something alittle more low stress. I would love the idea of you all coming over to Passion Island. But also your idea of shopping and Paradise Beach is a great one too. You will have a great time in Cozumel regardless of what you do!

BabyJosie - please let me know when you are coming in January. I will try and make sure that I look for you.

like, which cruise lines offer the trip to Passion Island? We're going on the Explorer in December and I saw a 4x4 jeep tour to xcalbarco (?) beach that includes a mexican buffet for $86/person - is this Passion Island - or another beach?

Our last cruise was awesome and the only stop we felt we didn't do well was Cozumel...so hopefully we'll do better this time around and are really reviewing these boards for tips.

Our trip is costing us $69 per person through RCI....I can't book till 11/03....I thought about Paradise beach, since it is just my friend and I with no kids along we thought we would try Passion Island.

This way we don't have to worry about anything since all is taken care of by RCI.....

I think if I had my DD with me I would do Paradise beach???

Michelle

Archived