Best Wine you've had onboard

laxdef10

I am going to order some wine on the gifts and gear section and I was curious what was the best wine you've had onboard? Most of the wine on there is like $10 cheap-o wine with the best being like 20, but are any of these good? Thanks!

I am going to order some wine on the gifts and gear section and I was curious what was the best wine you've had onboard? Most of the wine on there is like $10 cheap-o wine with the best being like 20, but are any of these good? Thanks!

If you found wine on Gifts and Gear for $10 or even $20 I would like to know where you saw it??????

I had 2 bottles of pinot grigio delivered through Gifts and Gear for my Radiance cruise 2 weeks ago and they were both $29.....

Red or white?

There aren't any values on the Gifts & Gear list, or on the wine list in general. We like the Ferrari-Carano Fume Blanc in the white wines, but scroll down the list toward the bottom - it's listed twice and the price at the bottom of the list is a few buck less expensive (I don't know if they are different years, but it was good, anyway). For the reds, if the Benzinger Pinot Noir is on the list, that's OK. I like the Blackstone Merlot, but it's hard to close my eyes to the markup (it was for sale at Von's for $8.99 vs. $40 on the ship).

Here's a thought: I know that on the Radiance class you can order from the full wine list, not just the tiny selection in the room service menu, for delivery to your stateroom. You can access the list on your TV, on the RCTV programs. I don't think you can do it on the Sovereign or Vision classes, and I have no idea about Voyager or Freedom class, but even if you can't do it through the TV you can always ask room service or your waiter on the first night.

SO, depending on which ship you're on, you might want to order a couple of bottles for sailaway (full wine list won't be available until dinnertime) and wait until you're onboard to see the full list for the rest of your cruise. I know they have Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay and Byron Pinot Noir, both of which are very good wines, and I'd rather hold out for those.

Also, if you're sailing on a ship that has a Champagne Bar, they'll sell you a bottle of wine and you can bring it back to your cabin, at least that was the case on Vision in January.

That was more information than you asked for, wasn't it?:D :rolleyes:

Red or white?

There aren't any values on the Gifts & Gear list, or on the wine list in general. We like the Ferrari-Carano Fume Blanc in the white wines, but scroll down the list toward the bottom - it's listed twice and the price at the bottom of the list is a few buck less expensive (I don't know if they are different years, but it was good, anyway). For the reds, if the Benzinger Pinot Noir is on the list, that's OK. I like the Blackstone Merlot, but it's hard to close my eyes to the markup (it was for sale at Von's for $8.99 vs. $40 on the ship).

Here's a thought: I know that on the Radiance class you can order from the full wine list, not just the tiny selection in the room service menu, for delivery to your stateroom. You can access the list on your TV, on the RCTV programs. I don't think you can do it on the Sovereign or Vision classes, and I have no idea about Voyager or Freedom class, but even if you can't do it through the TV you can always ask room service or your waiter on the first night.

SO, depending on which ship you're on, you might want to order a couple of bottles for sailaway (full wine list won't be available until dinnertime) and wait until you're onboard to see the full list for the rest of your cruise. I know they have Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay and Byron Pinot Noir, both of which are very good wines, and I'd rather hold out for those.

Also, if you're sailing on a ship that has a Champagne Bar, they'll sell you a bottle of wine and you can bring it back to your cabin, at least that was the case on Vision in January.

That was more information than you asked for, wasn't it?:D :rolleyes:

Critterchick - has anyone told you how awesome you are!!!!! :) ;)

Have a wonderful cruise in 4 days!!!!!

If you found wine on Gifts and Gear for $10 or even $20 I would like to know where you saw it??????

I had 2 bottles of pinot grigio delivered through Gifts and Gear for my Radiance cruise 2 weeks ago and they were both $29.....

I wish! 10 or 20 bucks on the cruise, thats how much they are in the store. A 10 dollar wine in store is like 30 on the boat and a 20 dollar wine is like 50 on the boat.

can you purchase a bottle of wine and bring it back to your stateroom?

Yes, you can. We actually ordered 2 bottles every night in the dining room. On one night, we didn't open the 2nd bottle, so we took it with us. We actually too a few wine glasses too and took the wine to the show with us. Perfect way to finish off the wine....listening to Charo!:D

Archived