Opinions of the "Hors d’oeuvre Plate – 12 asst. appetizers"

European_CruiseGirl

Hi all - has anyone of you ordered the above mentioned Hors d'oeuvre Plate ($15) for your cruise? It's listed on HAL's gift order form.

DH and I are celebrating a special day on our cruise and have already ordered the Just for Us package + chocolate dipped strawberries for our cruise. Now I'm wondering if it would be nice to have also something else than the strawberries to nibble while sipping the Just for Us package's champagne on embarkation afternoon.

The $15 seems an ok price to me but then again I'm well-known for getting carried away when planning...well ....anything...and...everything. Small amounts of money turn into big amounts when they are added together. :o I mean the Lido is already open and we could always also order something from room service - for free...

So I'd appreciate your comments if you have ever ordered this Hors d'oeuvre Plate. Were they worth the money or not? And if you haven't ordered this one but have an opinion on this anyway - I'd love to hear from you too! :)

It would probably be worth it if you plan on eating them all - we recieved one of these as a gift on our Zuiderdam trip, and it was honestly too much. I'm the only one that really likes them, and I wasn't able to eat them all. I had about 3 or 4 before I went 'ok, I'm done'.

They're very good, but I wouldn't get them unless I was throwing a party.

If you are in a Deluxe Verandah Suite, then the hors d'ouvres are part of the package and you can order them the day you want them at no extra charge.
Or if you know someone in a deluxe suite that will order them and have them delivered to your cabin instead of theirs...:D

I'm going to ask what I know is quite possibly a silly question - these would be cold apps, right?

I've also been thinking about ordering a few things, possibly for a little sailaway party with friends in our cabin; however, I'm wary of ordering things and expecting them at a certain time on a certain day (especially embarkation day).

Cruising on Princess last year I ordered a number of things, specified exactly when they should be delivered, and in every case (about 5 different things) it was done incorrectly...one thing never arrived at all. So that makes me a bit jittery.

Has anyone ordered apps, champagne, strawberries etc. for sailaway? Is HAL generally on time with the requested delivery time of these sorts of items?

On my last two HAL sailings, my father orders something nice for me (I love being a daddy girl :D :D !!).

Both times, he ordered the Hors d'oeuvres,a bottle of wine and strawberries. All were great and a very nice way to start a cruise!

I need to let him know about my cruise is April :) !! That way I can expect my sailing away package!!

HAL SAILINGS

Oosterdam 2004

Westerdam 2005

Maasdam 4/4/ 2007

Has anyone ordered apps, champagne, strawberries etc. for sailaway? Is HAL generally on time with the requested delivery time of these sorts of items?

When you order champagne etc. for sailaway it's in your cabin waiting for you when you get your cabin. Have had problems with this only once - and the reason was that my order had not been processed in Seattle. I should have noticed it because my CC wasn't charged... However when I notified the front desk about this my orders were delivered to my cabin before I could get back there (ok...I didn't go straight back... ;) ).

But one more question to everyone - as I have never ordered these appetizers before could someone tell more specifically what kind of appetizers are these (I suppose they are cold but any other info would be great!)?

On my last two HAL sailings, my father orders something nice for me (I love being a daddy girl :D :D !!).

Both times, he ordered the Hors d'oeuvres,a bottle of wine and strawberries. All were great and a very nice way to start a cruise!

I need to let him know about my cruise is April :) !! That way I can expect my sailing away package!!

HAL SAILINGS

Oosterdam 2004

Westerdam 2005

Maasdam 4/4/ 2007

airlink diva...are you on the April 7th 2007 sailing of the "Z"?

And yes to the starwberries, appetizers, etc.! We have done this in the past and it's a nice way to start the cruise.

airlink diva...are you on the April 7th 2007 sailing of the "Z"?

And yes to the starwberries, appetizers, etc.! We have done this in the past and it's a nice way to start the cruise.

No, I'm on the 10 day Maasdam 4/4/07 -4/14/07. Seven days go by so fast!!

Archived