Vision in January

I was wondering what the weather like would be like for the 7 day Mexican Riveria cruise on vision of the seas the beginning of January. What is the weather like at the ports? Also, when are the formal nights? And if you have anyother info to give me i would appreciate it.

Cupcake2685, hope you don’t mind me tagging along on your post, we are on the 1/14/07 cruise so I too am interested in what folks have to say. I guess I’ll wave to you getting off as I wait to get on!

We were on the same cruise last year....cold in LA (first and last day), but it was nice everywhere else. Highs in the mid 70s-low 80s. The water was still too cold to do any snorkling for our taste. We had pretty good seas for our trip, I prefer the rocking when I sleep. Some people complained, but we loved it.

Gotta plug "Randi's Happy Horses" excursion in Mazatlan!! It was a blast. Also the San Sebastian Adventure in PV was the highlight of our vacation. It's a bit pricey, but something not everyone will do.

Hi Cupcake, I'll be on that cruise also. You should sign up for the

Meet and Mingle. Anyway, the first day at sea will be a little cool but

once you get to Mexico it will be hot. Then cool again on the last

at sea day. It's a very nice cruise. We're only six weeks away!!

I know I can't wait!!! It's going to be so much fun!! :D I hope it gets warm. Do you happen to know when the formal nigts are? I think i saw somewhere it was the second night and the sixth night but i wanted to make sure. Do you know of any good excursions while we are at the ports? Also i heard that here is a business casual night, when is that?

This will be my second time doing this itinerary. I had such a great

time last time, I'm basically going to be doing the same excursions.

In Cabo I'm doing the Dolphin swim, Mazatlan I'm seeing Randi and

her horses, and in Puerta Vallarta I'm doing a zipline tour. Check out

the ports of call board and our Meet and Mingle board--lots of good

people and information there.

<a href=2489004100081772067eJeBvk_th.jpg' alt='2

As you can see by my Decmeber 2005 Vision OTS Compass, the weather in Cabo San Lucas was 90 degrees. It only got hotter as we went further South. The weather for your sailing in January sould be outstanding.

If you like, I'm sailing Vision again in a few weeks. I can update all on the weather when I return.

Ditto ditto on Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan. We talked afterwards to the folks who took the ship's horseback excursion and ours was MUCH better. I'm not sure if I liked the horseback ride or the lunch at the beach restaurant better! :)

I just got off Vision yesterday-when we got on in LA on the 19th is was unseasonably hot-90 degrees. It was 85 the whole trip, until the last day, on the way back it got chilly and windy. We did have a wind problem, we missed Cabo on Tuesday due to high swells so we couldn't tender. But the trip was sunny and hot the whole time.

LA weather is tricky-could be hot, could be rainy and cold. It will be at least 70-75 when you get down into Mexico, unless there are storms. Bring jackets for the night time, it gets chilly on the Pacific at night.

Have fun.

We leave for that itinerary in less than 3 weeks!!! I will report back on the weather. We took that same cruise, although only a 5 day itinerary, last December. We hit Cabo and Ensenada for ports. Cabo was in the 90's with glorious weather. Ensenada was high to mid 80's and also just gorgeous. It got colder the closer we got to LA. Although the last sea day was still good for swimming and sunning. I think the captain does his best to find and stay in the sun!

Last year was the most rocky cruise I have been on. Lots of folks getting queasy. This was only on the last sea day as we fought the swells while heading "upstream" back to LA. It was fun in the pool as the waves rocked us to and fro. My DD (and a host of other kids) just loved it.

I CAN'T WAIT:D

we went on this itinerary last year during the first week of March. The port days were beautiful- mid 80's each day. But the water was cold and the first and last days at sea were cold and windy. As a matter of fact, we had 15-20 swells the last day, and the boat was really rockin'. You will love this ship- check out my photos at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/jbonaventura

Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the weather report for 12/17 to 12/24:

Embarkation Sunday: Sunny but cold in LA. Captain reported 10 - 12 foot swells to be expected overnight. He was right. It was a bit rocky, but not too bad.

First sea day Monday: Nice weather. Sunny, maybe 80's in the sun. The pool temp wasn't too bad butyou got cold cold cold once you got out. Waves weren't an issue.

Cabo Tuesday: Not was warm and sunny as it was last year, but definitely shorts and tank top weather. About 2:00 it got warm in town. Some waves made tendering slow. The nights were great. However, we had an aft balcony so there was never any wind. I don't know if this held true on the upper decks.

Mazatlan Wednesday: Maybe in the low to mid 80's. Shorts and T shirt. In the sun it was warmer. It got cloudy in the afternoon.

PV Thursday: Warmer, but not sunny. Stayed overcast all day. Upper 80's perhaps. The night was also glorious temperature wise.

Second sea day Friday: Again, that aft balcony was awesome. Directly sun all day and no wind. THat was not the case at the pool. We went up a few times and it was WINDY WINDY WINDY. If you were in the sun and laid low in your chair it was nice. We sunned ourselves on our windless, sunny balcony.

Third sea day Saturday: Waves, waves, waves. Bring your bonine! Late Friday night/early SAturday morning the rocking of the waves woke me up! We didn't get sea sick, but all day there were barf bags in all the public areas (dining room, stairwells, etc) Our sunny, windless balcony was still great. They closed the pools because the shipwas rocking so much. People said that as they would walk by the pool they would get splashed from the on board waves!

All in all it was a great trip with great weather. I checked out some weather sites (weather.com I think) and checked the extended forecast for each port city. It was pretty right on.

Have fun!!!!

We leave on the 7th, so glad to see this thread! Being from LA, I second the previous posts on the tricky weather. It was colder here the last 2 weeks than it was in Baltimore, and NYC! Today though, it is SO beautiful, Sunny, light breeze, mid-70s. Spent the Christmas morning playing with my little girl on Venice Beach!:)

Archived