How os Destiny these days?

Agocruisin

hello,

we are just off our 7th cruise (valor western) and are looking to san Juan deprture to see new ports of call. I am a bit iffy about booking on an "old" ship - the Destiny. How is she looking these days?

in addition, can you use Carnival flyaway to San Juan and do yu fly in and out same day?

Thanks!

I am wondering the same myself as I am sailing her 4/4/07. This will be my 3rd cruise and the first one I sailed was the Holiday and for that being the smallest and oldest ship Carnival has I thought it was great!! So I don't really ever try to worry about things like that no more...Hey, i'm cruising and thats all that really matters to me:D

I haven't been on her myself but she had a multi-mllion dollar refurb in Jan 06 so she should be in great shape. I also don't understand why people worry about the older ships, I suppose there is a chance of more mechanical problems and such. But they are always cleaning, fixing and replacing. I personally enjoy the older smaller ships. My first cruise was on an old tub ( Festivale 86 ) with 4 previous owners, and I just loved her. Been hooked ever since.

I recently asked about this cruise myself because I was debating it. My hubby is from PR and wanted to go there a day before and spend a little time with his family and then board at 10pm for this cruise. If you go through the boards you can see the responses about it. There were mixed responses. A lot of people said that the ship is in good shape for its age yet there are some issues with passengers on the ship, but there were plenty of people who loved everything about this cruise. I decided against it because my sister was on it and told me some things that I was not fond of as well as a friend, and with them and the responses I got here I decided not to take that one which was heartbreaking...I may in the future just go for it though...

Give me 10 days and I'll have a fair and balanced opinion of Destiny....I sail on Sunday!

But of course, we'll be sailing to Aruba...and future sailings are not. If I like this ship, I jusst may take her again next year to try the new itenerary!

Archived