Since its Thanksgiving - cruise behavior you are thankful for!

stbmom

:D I LOVE when you end up seeing that same person or couple the entire cruise, and they always smile and wave as if you are old friends:)

You don't ever have a conversation with them, it just seems you always end up at the same place at the same time - Windjammer, shore excursion, etc. It's kind of fun

I am thankful for the crew of the ships I have sailed on. There are so many people who work for several months at a time and leaving their families. The majority of them try to make sure my cruise is relaxing and enjoyable. I am also thankful that I am able to cruise. There are many people who live so close to paycheck-to-paycheck that they will never be able to experience this wonderful vacation.

happy%20thanksgiving.gif

Thanksgiving Blessings to all!

I am thankful for the ability to cruise, I'm thankful for the crew that makes it possible, and I am thankful for the passengers who treat the crew and fellow passengers with respect and are able to enjoy themselves without constantly making a scene.

I'm thankful for the fellow passengers who repect people with disabilities on the ship. No pushing in front of them in elevators, ignoring them at dinner or in the clubs, and slaming doors in their face. I'm grateful for a staff that makes travel so easy and exciting - and thanksful for the cc members we meet each trip that make the cruise an adventure.

Happy Thanksgiving to all

It is pleasant to see a post where one can talk of being thankful. I am very thankful to The Good Lord who has given me the health and made the way so we can have such and enjoyable vacation. We love RCCL and the crews have always made us feel so special, it is great to be able to have a vacation where you can relax and have others make your stay so pleasant. I trust everyone will have a blessed day and have even a more enjoyable cruise the next time out. Ozzie63:D :D :D

Thanks stbmom for starting this. As has already been stated, I am thankful to my Lord for the blessings that allow me to cruise!!! I ditto all that has already been said, from the FANTASTIC crew members and passengers. I loved returning to the ship and being remembered by those specila to us crew members.

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all

:D In anticipation of my first cruise starting Feb 25, I'm thankful to God for providing the funds for us to go! I'm also thankful to God for my cousin Mary (NAHA on these boards), who made me believe that it was possible, and for doing all the footwork, and research necessary. We've been planning for a year now...and it's right around the corner!

God is so Good!!

Blessings!

ChattieKathy

and I get to enjoy her first cruise. WOW! To think back to Princess sailing Alaska Sept 1998 and then 25 more cruises with 3 more RCI booked.

What I learned & what I help folks with, let us all be thankful that we have this great site to meet & greet each other. THANK YOU CC HOSTS!

:D In anticipation of my first cruise starting Feb 25, I'm thankful to God for providing the funds for us to go! I'm also thankful to God for my cousin Mary (NAHA on these boards), who made me believe that it was possible, and for doing all the footwork, and research necessary. We've been planning for a year now...and it's right around the corner!

God is so Good!!

Blessings!

ChattieKathy

I am thankful for a young man's wonderful manners on our Elation cruise in December. We were approaching the elevator area when we noticed one of them was open and started to close as we grew near, but the solo young man (teen) aboard quickly reacted when he saw we were trying to get on and held the elevator for us.

It is a shame when you have to be thankful for children's manners but now a days, to find one with some is a blessing. :)

I want to personally thank the four guys on Radiance of the Seas who made one of our lunches in the Windjammer very special and entertaining. They were all over three hundred pounds or close to it. They had the biggest, strongest necks I have ever seen. They were well dressed and well behaved. There was no other table, so we had to sit right beside them.

Well, guess what. They were four retired NFL players! They spent the entire time telling stories of their adventures and misadventures, recalling the good, bad and ugly of games they played. They all had an encyclopedic knowledge of good ref calls and bad calls, dirty tricks, glories and sorrows, injuries and pain.

Hubby and I ate as slowly as we could to hear it all. It was fascinating...a true look at the inside of football, uncensored, told with humor, grace and nostalgia for the game. What a happy experience! I am really grateful to have had them be on board with us for that cruise. Thanks, guys.

:D I LOVE when you end up seeing that same person or couple the entire cruise, and they always smile and wave as if you are old friends:)

You don't ever have a conversation with them, it just seems you always end up at the same place at the same time - Windjammer, shore excursion, etc. It's kind of fun

Don’t you just love that?

I am thankful for the opportunity to sail with my family and friends, as well as the crew who works so many long hours, day in and day out.

There is so much to be thankful for when you are going on a cruise :)

One thing I enjoy is to see people who are on their first cruise and to see how excited and happy they are.

I'm very thankful for all the staff and crew who work hard to make our cruise special. None of it would happen without them.

[off topic] - ChattieKathy, I had to laugh when I saw your name.. There was this woman on our "new river safari" tour in Belize last year who seemed almost pathologically unable to stop talking - she was bossy and drove the poor tour guides to distraction. Anyway, we have no idea what her name was, but we nicknamed her chatty cathy, and we never saw her when she wasn't bending some hapless crew member's ear about something. We were able to avoid her, so for us it's just a story to chuckle about. Hey, there's something else to be thankful for! Shared stories! :)

Of course, no connection between "our" chatty cathy and yourself is implied! ;)

[off topic] - ChattieKathy, I had to laugh when I saw your name.. There was this woman on our "new river safari" tour in Belize last year who seemed almost pathologically unable to stop talking - she was bossy and drove the poor tour guides to distraction. Anyway, we have no idea what her name was, but we nicknamed her chatty cathy, and we never saw her when she wasn't bending some hapless crew member's ear about something. We were able to avoid her, so for us it's just a story to chuckle about. Hey, there's something else to be thankful for! Shared stories! :)

Of course, no connection between "our" chatty cathy and yourself is implied! ;)

:p No offense taken...However, there are those who may see the similarity between your Chatty and myself! When I feel comfortable, I am known to be extremely verbal! Glad I could make you smile!

Looking at my ticker,..3 months from today! Yippee!

ChattieKathy

I am thankful for...

• Parents who keep their children under control without quenching their free spirits
  • The way people with disabilities are treated by crew and 99.99% of passengers
  • Crew members who work so hard to make our holiday special
  • Doing nothing on days at sea except enjoy the ocean
  • New friends met on CC prior to sailing and new friends met on the ship
  • A time to relax and be pampered

:p No offense taken...However, there are those who may see the similarity between your Chatty and myself! When I feel comfortable, I am known to be extremely verbal! Glad I could make you smile!

Looking at my ticker,..3 months from today! Yippee!

ChattieKathy

ChattieKathy ~ I am thankful to have met your cousin Mary (NAHA) and have cruised with her and Steve... please enjoy your first cruise..I know you will... maybe one day you will cruise with the Pink Boa Society ladies:)

right Mary:)

Emmy (Original and a Founding member of PBS along with NAHA)

ChattieKathy ~ I am thankful to have met your cousin Mary (NAHA) and have cruised with her and Steve... please enjoy your first cruise..I know you will... maybe one day you will cruise with the Pink Boa Society ladies:)

Thanks Emmy! I've heard wonderful things about you! I can't wait to be "In the Pink!"

ChattieKathy

So right, Emmy! Kathy, you and Julie and I will be the first to carry the pink torch across the Atlantic to the Southern Caribbean. Regulation pink, of course. ~~~~~~~~~~

And yes, I am also so grateful for the wonderful friendships I have found through the Pink Boa Society! Emmy and Rick, Janice and Patrick, Teri and Tony, Carol and Bob, Roberta, Chris and Kat, Renee and Blake and other official Pink Boa Members!

Archived