Legend Capers - Western 8-day - Complete set from 11/16/06

Tom-n-Cheryl

Tom and Cheryl,

Thanks for the Capers and Menus - it was a Year ago TODAY that we left FLL on our Legend Southern Cruise. I love that ship!

Thanks especially for the new menus - lots of little changes in a year! It is great to see these, especially for our 12 year old. He is starting to eat "adult" food, and this will be great to go over with him. Life does exist after Pizza and Ice Cream!

Question - for anyone with experience - how are the alternative meals? I am sure DS will have quite a few steaks and chocolate cakes for dinner.

Thanks!

Catrin

Thanks for your post...we are at 8 weeks less a day until we are on the Legend....but whose counting (my counter is off by 12 hours, and don't remember how to reset). Hubby keeps asking if we can pack yet.:p

The menus and capers just brought my future cruise mode out of we're taking our 1st cruise in January to 'WE'RE TAKING OUR 1st CRUISE IN JANUARY', and this is what we will be eating, and doing while on board. We've (that's the 'royal we' meaning I) picked which night to go to the Golden Fleece, found where to get my coffee and when etc...It's like we have the blueprint all we need to do is get onboard and enjoy.

I hope your trip was really great, and wonder if you are planning to post a review soon.

Welcome back

Suzi

Great pics - the bats on the tree were interesting. :eek: Did you see any giant spiders? That seems to be what I think of when I see banana trees. I'm such a whimp.

Diane

Come to think of it... I don't think I saw any spiders for the entire 8 days... hmmm

Tom

• 1 month later...
Enjoy!

http://tom-n-cheryl.smugmug.com/CRUISES

Click on CAPERS gallery (MENU gallery is also there...)

You will need to then select "O" under "other sizes" to see the Original size scan!

Tom

Tom -

Thanks again for the post and the pictures. I see that you did the 2 oceans by railroad. Any insights? We are booked on the same excursion for our Feb Legend cruise.

Also are there are particular nights that you would recommend the Golden Fleece? Which nights are the formals - we do not want to make reservations for the Golden Fleece on a formal night - by mistake.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. It's not far away and we are really beginning to look forward to going.

Fabulous website and photos! I have never seen an aft balcony cabin but obviously, have heard cruisers rave about them on this board. Guess I didn't realize how big the balconies really are!! Do you have much smoke or ship movement that far back on the ship?? Also, are the cabins configured the same as other balcony cabins? We haven't sailed the spirit class but have the Glory, Triumph, etc.

Tom -

Thanks again for the post and the pictures. I see that you did the 2 oceans by railroad. Any insights? We are booked on the same excursion for our Feb Legend cruise.

It was a nice excursion, enough so that we are booked again for our March sailing - since we wanted our boys to enjoy it this time (we sailed without them in November).

I would DEFINITELY suggest that you sit on a particular side of the train for the ride. In order to be on the CANAL SIDE of the train be sure to sit in a booth on the "far side" of the train, by that I mean on the side opposite from where you enter. You will likely sit in the same seat on the ride back also. The train does not turn around for the ride back - so those who were on the canal side will be able to enjoy it again for the ride back, if you wish!

Also are there are particular nights that you would recommend the Golden Fleece? Which nights are the formals - we do not want to make reservations for the Golden Fleece on a formal night - by mistake.

We ate there on both formal nights, as well as a couple of other nights. The first formal night is the first full sea day. I can't recall about the second formal night, but it would be in the capers. I can't suggest a specific night to go - though if you really enjoy formal dining, and desire others to be well dressed also, then opt for one of the formal nights there. All that you will miss from the main dining room formal menu is pumpkin soup, a possible rubbery lobster, and a usually good prime rib. :D

Tom

Fabulous website and photos! I have never seen an aft balcony cabin but obviously, have heard cruisers rave about them on this board. Guess I didn't realize how big the balconies really are!! Do you have much smoke or ship movement that far back on the ship?? Also, are the cabins configured the same as other balcony cabins? We haven't sailed the spirit class but have the Glory, Triumph, etc.

Only one or two days (over DOZENS of days of aft cabin sea days) did we ever notice any soot on the balcony (never any smoke though). Just double check before you sit or brush up against anything - especially if you have light colored clothing on. There is a distinctive shimmy type feeling with aft cabins - we enjoy it and have excellent quality sleep there - also thanks to the comfort bed system.... ahhhh... :)

Tom

Archived