Grand Cayman Outrage Eco-Tour

newtocruisin4fun

My husband and I just came back from our cruise and did the Outrage Eco-Tour with Captain John Michael. We had a great time in spite of poor weather conditions. Our ship, the Celebrity, couldn't tender in Georgetown because of the weather but Celebrity never told us, so we got off the ship thinking we were in Georgetown(we had never been so didn't have a clue). Finally after trying to figure out where the Blue Iguana was(our meeting place), we asked a Port Officer and he explained we were actually at a different Pier and offered to call grandcaymanexcursions for us from his cell phone to let them know. They told us they were aware of the changes and John Michael would meet us there. So after about 20 min. of looking, we finally found each other. He explained that winds on the other side of the island, where we needed to go, were pretty bad but that seeing as we were good swimmers, we should be ok to do Stingray City. The water was extremely choppy and the winds were bad. Most of the cruiseline excursions were cancelled so we were one of the few boats/people out there. It was an awesome experience and I would definitely do it again, but I have to admit, the water was really rough and although I am a good swimmer, I had a hard time staying near the boat and not swallowing water. My wedding ring actually slipped off my finger while I was feeding the Stingrays and John Michael heard me scream and dove under the water and unbelievably found it on the ocean floor! I could not be more appreciative:D. Because the water was so choppy, he said he didn't recommend snorkling and my husband and I agreed so he took us to Rum Point where we walked along the most beautiful beach. He then took us to Starfish beach where we tried to snorkel a little but we couldn't see much of anything because of all the sand being kicked up due to the winds, although we did see a few starfish. He then took us through the Mangroves(?) and told us all about the island and the wildlife there. We ended the day early because of the cool, windy weather and although we were supposed to do a full day, he only charged us for a 1/2 day. We were grateful and despite the weather, truly did have a great time. John Michael was very nice and friendly. He had a cooler with water and a bunch of soft drinks. I would definitely use him again.

Thanks for posting this report, our family has this booked in June and I haven't heard too much about it. Can you tell me anything about the Mangroves, don't know if we want to make this a part of our trip or not as I know nothing about it.

Great to hear you were treated well and fairly, considering the location situation and the weather!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived