Missing Docs!!!

firstplacechef

Our cruise leaves in a couple of weeks and we have yet to receive our DOCS from our TA. Our TA says they have not received them from Carnival but Carnival says they were sent to TA on Nov 6th. The TA says not to worry that all we have to do is print out our FunPass and show up at the ship and that they have had this happen before with no problems. My question is have any of you ever had this to happen? We have an OV GTY so no room assignment as of yet but the TA says that we have been assigned a room. Do I need to be worried if the DOCS do not arrive in time? Thanks in advance. Scott

Our cruise leaves in a couple of weeks and we have yet to receive our DOCS from our TA. Our TA says they have not received them from Carnival but Carnival says they were sent to TA on Nov 6th. The TA says not to worry that all we have to do is print out our FunPass and show up at the ship and that they have had this happen before with no problems. My question is have any of you ever had this to happen? We have an OV GTY so no room assignment as of yet but the TA says that we have been assigned a room. Do I need to be worried if the DOCS do not arrive in time? Thanks in advance. Scott

Your TA is correct. Bring your Fun Pass. Treat it like an e-ticket on an airplane. You show up at the airport, show your ID and they print you a boarding pass. Well, show up at the dock, show your Fun Pass, you will get your cabin assignment, and then you join the line with everyone else to board the ship. Fact is, they never ask to see the ticket anyway. It might take you two minutes longer because there are some forms that were sent with your tickets that you will have to fill out, but that is the only difference.

Think about it, do you really believe you are the first person to show up at the dock without your tickets? Have you ever seen a post with, I forgot my ticket and they would not let me board?

That's too funny, I have the same problem and we cruise next week. Both our rooms show up on Carnival and I did fill out the funpass, so if that's all it takes I will relax. It's too bad that we will have to fill out our luggage tags at the pier.

When we sailed Jewel of the Seas last Dec. RCCL did not issue docs, just an email and we had to fill out blank luggage tags given to us by the porters. Just make sure you have your passport and you are good to go. It was a real empty feeling not having docs, but I guess they feel it is cost efficient. Doesn't matter, really, as long as you are in their system.

On an RCI cruise I got my docs in time. Looked them over. Looked them over a second time. Called RCI and asked two questions:

1) Why did they bother?

2) Where are my luggage tags?

After some discussion I was told I had an e-ticket, so I would have to fill out the luggage tags at the dock (which I did). As to the docs, they were sent to me because most people expect to receive them.

The reason I called RCI was because there was no information in my docs that I did not already know or have. And I used Expedia for that cruise (a fine on line site, but no where near the service I am getting form my TA now).

All I really needed was the RCI equivalent of the Fun Pass.

As long as your name is on the ship manifest that's all you need. We have sailed several times without documents after booking last minute.

Your porter will find your name on the list and give you some tags to put on your luggage with the cabin number he gives you.

Archived