Celebrity Price Drop

crewsin250

This is my first time cruising with Celebrity and I have a question about price drops, If you book through Celebrity will they automatically give you the drop or do you have to contact them to get it. Final payment is not till March 2007.

Thanks for any info on this!!!!!!

Paul

Look at your cruise twice a week or so. If you see a better price in your category you will need to call them. You may need to cancel and rebook. You may see a higher category at an equal or better price, in which case you want to cancel and rebook. They aren't going to notify you of a price drop, and sometimes they are only available through specific travel agencies. Hope you have a great cruise!

I booked my (December 2006) Hawaii cruise in February 2006 and I visited Celebrity web page every couple of weeks. My procedure was to go and request a cabin change (in the web page), there you would see how much you are paying for your cabin and how much will cost to change to all the different available cabins (by category) in the ship. There you can compare what is the price of your current category and see if the current price is lower than what you agree to pay earlier. If it is, at this time you can call celebrity to get the new price or due as I did: I select in that moment another cabin in the same category and proceed with the change of cabins, at that moment I got the price discount in the new cabin (same category). Then I went again an request another change of cabin and my oldest cabin appeared with the current price. Then I selected my oldest cabin an proceed with the change in that way I got my discount, keeping my old cabin and with out going through Celebrity.

The only possible problem that you may experiment doing this (and that didn't happen to me the three times that I tried) is that some how you could lose your original cabin selection (when you go back to do the second change and recuperate you first cabin) and end up with a cabin that you don't want (especially as the cruise get book and there are less go cabin available). So in this case going through Celebrity may be better if you want to make sure you don't lose your cabin while getting the discount.

At the end I save around 25 % (or 2300 $) of the original price which I booked the cruise in February 2006, only by going to the Celebrity web page about every 2 weeks and check. While doing this procedure I always kept my current recervation and in no time I need to cancel my recervation.

So be smart and check the web page every now and then and you may save some money.

By the way I book my cruise through the Celebrity web page not with a TA, so I guess this allow you freedom to do changes in the web page without going through Mr. TA.

By the way for my April cruise with Princess I follow the same procedure and I found a 500 $ reduction in price in Princess web page for the cruise and same cabin category but I couldn't do the same changes with Princess web page (as is not as good as the Celebrity web page). I this case I had to call Princess and they gave me the discount without canceling the original recervation and keeping my original cabin.

I hope I haven't confuse :confused: you enough already.

Good luck.

I booked my (December 2006) Hawaii cruise in February 2006 and I visited Celebrity web page every couple of weeks. My procedure was to go and request a cabin change (in the web page), there you would see how much you are paying for your cabin and how much will cost to change to all the different available cabins (by category) in the ship. There you can compare what is the price of your current category and see if the current price is lower than what you agree to pay earlier. If it is, at this time you can call celebrity to get the new price or due as I did: I select in that moment another cabin in the same category and proceed with the change of cabins, at that moment I got the price discount in the new cabin (same category). Then I went again an request another change of cabin and my oldest cabin appeared with the current price. Then I selected my oldest cabin an proceed with the change in that way I got my discount, keeping my old cabin and with out going through Celebrity.

The only possible problem that you may experiment doing this (and that didn't happen to me the three times that I tried) is that some how you could lose your original cabin selection (when you go back to do the second change and recuperate you first cabin) and end up with a cabin that you don't want (especially as the cruise get book and there are less go cabin available). So in this case going through Celebrity may be better if you want to make sure you don't lose your cabin while getting the discount.

At the end I save around 25 % (or 2300 $) of the original price which I booked the cruise in February 2006, only by going to the Celebrity web page about every 2 weeks and check. While doing this procedure I always kept my current recervation and in no time I need to cancel my recervation.

So be smart and check the web page every now and then and you may save some money.

By the way I book my cruise through the Celebrity web page not with a TA, so I guess this allow you freedom to do changes in the web page without going through Mr. TA.

By the way for my April cruise with Princess I follow the same procedure and I found a 500 $ reduction in price in Princess web page for the cruise and same cabin category but I couldn't do the same changes with Princess web page (as is not as good as the Celebrity web page). I this case I had to call Princess and they gave me the discount without canceling the original recervation and keeping my original cabin.

I hope I haven't confuse :confused: you enough already.

Good luck.

Booking direct has disadvantages as well. While with some, not all, travel agents you must notify them of price drops and request your fare be adjusted

there are many other advantages to using a TA, especially with Royal Caribbean/Celebrity.

1) Any fare offered by an RCCL/X agent, including any perks, a travel agent will at least offer you that.

2) It is true that travel agents cannot discount normal fares as you would see them on RCCL/X's web site BUT:

a) A travel agent has access to group fares and/or perks on a number of sailing dates, even if you are not part of the group. Those fares CANNOT be offered by RCCL/X agents and do not violate the "no discount" rule.

b) A travel agent has access to fares from RCCL/X for some sailings that are only available to travel agents and that are not group fares. RCCL agents CANNOT offer those fares. These are lower fares but not considered a discount.

c) Depending on category booked, an agent might provide a gift ranging from something like a bottle of wine to shipboard credit. An RCCL/X agent cannot do this unless it is part of a RCCL/X package deal. If there is a RCCL/X package the travel agent will offer you that PLUS possibly the additional gift.

3) In case of problems, remember the RCCL/X agent works for the cruise line. The travel agent works for YOU.

4) Any booking made on board can be transferred to the travel agent and you keep the shipboard credit you received.

5) A good travel agent is MORE THAN a reservation clerk and can and will do more to maximize your cruising experience.

6) The travel agent can alert you to "Happy Hour" deals many days before the actual date, as they receive early notification. The RCCL/X agent generally does not know the "Happy Hour" deals before they are posted to them on Tuesday.

7) A travel agent can book "Happy Hour" deals before the RCCL/X phones open on Tuesday.

8) Many travel agents can and do notify you and act on price reductions.

Any agency offering "discounts", gift cards, etc., for RCCL/X cruises other than mentioned above is at high risk of losing their right to sell RCCL and X cruises.

By the way, Disney and Regent are now "no discount" also.

If you book direct with ANY cruise lines that do not forbid discounting you forgo the discount that a TA can provide with no advantages.

Archived