? for those who have done the Barrier Reef & Beach at Rendezvous Key

Love to vacation

I have decided to do this excursion with my family while in Belize. I will be booking this through Carnival once we are on the ship. One question I have is about what type of floatation devices do they provide? My husband isn't a strong swimmer and we have learned from many previous snorkeling excursions that the "noodle" works best for him. If they use the blow-up jackets he will certainly sink! I may try packing a noodle in our biggest piece of luggage.

Any info on this excursion would be appreciated!
Michelle

Michelle,
They do provide the regular snorkle vest that are the blow up kind. They also offered regular life jackets (the orange ones) for folk to use to hold on to if they felt they needed them. They have several guys in kayaks going along with the group to keep an eye on folks. Do find out where the point to get to shore is. This is a detail I didn't get before getting in the water and didn't want to get in the reef getting out. This was a beautiful little island with good snorkling, but the island was a lot smaller than I thought. About the size of a football field with a few trees, no port-a-pottie, and you snorkle to the shore so you only have what you bring with you. You can use a kayak to go to the boat to get your stuff if you want. You get water, coke, sprite, or rum punch after you snorkle. I have some great pictures so make sure to take a waterproof camera. Let me know if you have more questions.
Cheryl

Cheryl,

Thanks so much for your response. I had learned from this board that the island was pretty small with only a few palm trees. I have thought of another question. How long does it take the boat to get to the island? I have read where most of the snorkeling excursions in Belize take a while to get to. I have a small picture of the boat from the Carnival website. They call it a catamaran, but it doesn't look like any other one I've ever been on. Was the boat comfortable? Again, thanks so very much for your response. I can't wait for my cruise. Less than 2 weeks to go!!!
Michelle

Just got back yesterday. Did this excursion. Boat was comfortable. It says they take 45 min to get there, but it sure didn't seem like it. We had a ball! I never made it to the island because the water and coral were so pretty!

• 2 weeks later...
Quick question!! This looks like only excursion that takes you to a little island; we did goff's caye last year- loved it.. but, just wondering, if some in my group do not snorkle, can they easily get off boat & to the island- is water over head where they anchor?? are there steps off the boat (not a whole lot of options for elderly folks)..

thanks!

• 1 year later...
Has anyone done Rendezvous Caye and any other Cayes? Can you compare what you saw at each -- fish, how was the coral at each? We are trying to decide on doing Rendezvous Caye or the HolChan/Shark swim tour? Any suggestions? I heard Rendezvous Caye's coral was awesome. Help! Thanks

Archived