CC cabin vs. Sky Suite on Mercury

YD66

hi everyone,

just got back from cruising Mexico on the Mercury and am ready to book my Alaska cruise (on the Mercury) for next September. looking forward to seeing how she turns out after dry-dock.

i've currently booked CC 1240 which is on the sky deck and has an extra large balcony (for a CC) and noticed that the sky suite is only $150.00 more per person. would it be worth it to upgrade to the sky suite?

thanks for your input.

Jeffrey

All the balconies on deck 12 are extra large including the sky suite.You get extra perks like free use of the t-pool plus butler service and a larger room.Plus the butler will bring you lattes ,afternoon tea.You'll have a tub in the room,better bathrobes and a host of other perks.Go for it.........Frank:)

Have sailed on the Mercury two times always stayed in a SS on deck 12 and have booked same for a B2B on Mercury, for a cruise on its sister ship the Galaxy and the rebuilt Century.

The CC stateroom is 172 sq/ft and the SS stateroom is 246 sq/ft and the SS veranda is 179 sq/ft. The deck 12 CC veranda is smaller but as long. Note -- SS Veranda on deck 12 is as large as the CC stateroom!!

The SS is the best by far.

thanks everyone for your replies. i got the message loud and clear! the SO gave me the thumbs up and so i guess i need to update my signature.;)

what's even sweeter is that i scored 1208. looks like this is the beginning of a long and happy (hopefully) cruise addiction.

Jeffrey

so i noticed that the "double-thick Frette bathrobes" aren't listed for the sky suite rooms. i loved these in the CC room. so, those of you in the know, can you tell me if you get the same type of bathrobes or something different?

thanks,

Jeffrey

Archived