Tampa Bay area and rain

bjkeen

Do you know the song that goes "rain, rain, go away come back some other day?" That's what Tampa residence feel like. We needed the rain, but we have had so much rain this weekend that I have lost track of the inches and there is more rain expected for today. The ditches are full and we are ready for the rain to stop. Cruisers bring your umbrella.

The rain didn't stop the Inspiration from leaving on time yesterday. The ship was awesome as it over shadowed the visitors looking up at her.

I'm not sure but I think it's raining up the whole east coast bj!!

Right now it's miserable up here in Maine, and although we had a nice weekend, the previous week was awful and the week ahead looks bleak, so if anyone out there is doing a Canada/New England cruise...you'll need umbrella's too!! Tourism is suffering horribly here this month!!

I am bummed! We are minutes away from leaving our house for the drive to Tampa (from Orlando area) and I have been watching the weather all weekend. I am just resigned to the fact that it will be raining when we leave port on the Sensation this afternoon. I just hope it gets better from there!

I am bummed! We are minutes away from leaving our house for the drive to Tampa (from Orlando area) and I have been watching the weather all weekend. I am just resigned to the fact that it will be raining when we leave port on the Sensation this afternoon. I just hope it gets better from there!

It will - you'll be on the ship!

We drove down from Sarasota (about an hour south of Tampa) to Miami yesterday. It's about 250 miles. About every 50 miles, it would absolutely pour down rain for about 10 minutes. Ten minutes after the rain would stop, it would be beautiful out. :)

We arrived at our hotel (Hyatt Regency in downtown Miami) at about 3:30pm. We checked in and left to go find some dinner. We returned at about 6p and when we got here, it started to sprinkle. By the time we made it to our room, it was like a torrential down pour for about 30 minutes. Then it was beautiful again as it is now. Florida weather is a trip. :)

We'll be leaving here in a few hours to go board the Fascination. We're all really excited! :)

Livtojump, you were absolutely right, of course. It rained a bit while we were in port in Tampa, but it stopped by the time we pulled out and that was the only rain we saw all week. :)

jaybertx -- you have perfectly described Florida weather. We say if you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes. I grew up here so it's perfectly normal to me. I always forget that it's weird to others.

Archived