Fantasy Ship Pins

crewsin250

I just returned from sailing on the Fantasy out of NO at the past guest party I was expecting to recieve my ship pin. They said this ship does not have ship pins for past guest, has anyone else encountered this problem before. I had read on these board if you asked your cabin steward they would get them, same thing as before no pins but he was nice enough to get me a handful of Carnival ink pins that said nothing about the Fantasy.

This is the first ship I have sailed as a past guest and did not receive any type of gift. NCL gives out the ship pins. RCCL gives out a tote bag with the ship logo on it. Carnival nothing and I do keep score.

Thanks

Paul

I just returned from sailing on the Fantasy out of NO at the past guest party I was expecting to recieve my ship pin. They said this ship does not have ship pins for past guest, has anyone else encountered this problem before. I had read on these board if you asked your cabin steward they would get them, same thing as before no pins but he was nice enough to get me a handful of Carnival ink pins that said nothing about the Fantasy.

This is the first ship I have sailed as a past guest and did not receive any type of gift. NCL gives out the ship pins. RCCL gives out a tote bag with the ship logo on it. Carnival nothing and I do keep score.

Thanks

Paul

Well, dang! We got a Carnival pin sailing on the Sensation out of N.O. last summer in July....wonder why they don't hand them out on the Fantasy sailing out of N.O. now? We are sailing her this coming Saturday and dh was kind of looking forward to that. He likes to put them on his gazillions of favorite ball caps.

first CCL ship for us was the Celebration---no pins, but then we weren't "past Carnival cruisers" yet. Then we went on the Elation 6 months later and never received them (Elation is a fantasy class ship)---this was a couple years ago. We did receive them from our cabin steward when we went on the Conquest earlier this month. not sure why sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't. maybe others know the answer?

Thanks

Paul

are you saying that you'd pick NCL or RCI over CCL in the future because they give you a pin or tote bag?

I sailed the Fantasy this summer and got nothing either. Oops sorry I did get get a very cheap price and a fantastic cruise.;)

Bill

Someone at Carnival dropped the ball big time on this one.

The reason you dont have a pin is that the Fantasy originally was doing a 3 and 4 day run. Thusly there was not a need for a pin as you do not have a past guest party until you get on a 5-day or greater cruise.

When the Sensation had problems achieving speed, it was switched with the Fantasy. The Sensation problems were more involved than originally thought and the Fantasy was sent to NOLA to do the run the Sensation was suppose to.

At some point someone should have realized that past guest pins would be needed. Depending on who you speak to some say they are on order and others say they are not.

There is a pin in the gift shop that is acorn shaped with a photo of the ship and the word FANTASY on it. It was like $3. I went ahead and bought one just so that I would have one for my neck lanyard. When I get onboard tomorrow, I probably will have to buy a second one as a fill-in until the pins are finally available.

Dave

Jetskier: that makes sense them doing 3 & 4 day cruises they would not need them. At least we will give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe future cruiser will let us know if they get them in.

SSoceanlover: no this does not mean I will choose one of the other cruise lines because of a pin or bag. But if it comes down to the cruise being close to the same price I will remember who appreciates my bussiness.

Thanks Everyone

Paul

Jetskier: that makes sense them doing 3 & 4 day cruises they would not need them. At least we will give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe future cruiser will let us know if they get them in.

SSoceanlover: no this does not mean I will choose one of the other cruise lines because of a pin or bag. But if it comes down to the cruise being close to the same price I will remember who appreciates my bussiness.

Thanks Everyone

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't see it from your point of view. It's just something that would get thrown in the drawer for me but I understand how you feel.:)

Bill

• 1 month later...

Well it's been 2 months since I sailed on the Fantasy and at the time they did not have ship pins for past guest. I was wondering if this was still the case that they do not plan on having them. If anyone has sailed lately would you please update me on this matter.

Thanks Paul

Archived