Good Bye Ncl

cruisedaze1929

I just got back from the dawn not to long ago. Two cruises before the breakdown.

Food in the buffet horrid. Most of the time the food was cold and very bland.

Dinning room- i found out from a waiter whom i became friends with that and I quote"The food is prepared many hours before it is eaten, up to 8, Which could be a reason to eat in a specialty rest.

I ate in the main dinning room 3 days the rest in specialty.

Food quality was just not there.

lobster rubbery

the reg dinning room fair was alot to be desired

specialty rest Steakhouse pretty good

service in dinning room slow

in steakhouse very efficiant

the crew just looked for the most part to be annoyed that they were on the ship

entertainment good

all in all considering the minor and not so minor problems i think NCL is towards the bottom of the barrel.

I think food and service should if not be superb at least satifactory, Which in all areas was very lacking....

So long NCL, I think the mass market lines are cutting costs in too many ways. Maybe its time for my wife and I to try either:

Seabourn, Silversea or Crystal.

You get what you pay for.

One less back of a head to stand behind in the buffet line. Why is it that we devote some many threads to penny pinching tips and if we can smuggle alcohol on board and how can we get free stuff {upgrades, free drinks, etc.} but when we are served "mass produced meals" some say "never again"? I say good bye. You get what you pay for

I think the mass market lines are cutting costs in too many ways. Maybe its time for my wife and I to try either:

Seabourn, Silversea or Crystal.

I think you've made a good assessment of cutbacks being made by the mass market lines. With cruise prices being pretty flat over the years, (but inflation has happened over those same years) it's obvious that some cutbacks do have to be made.

I wish you luck with the lines you might try. Having options such as these for you, and having the mass market lines available make cruising a good option for a wide range of passengers.

-Monte

Sorry, you are caught over here too. In one post you stated you have cruised 25 times and rated RCCL better than NCL. In a post eight days later you said you were going on your 10th cruise and your first on RCCL. It's kind of hard to rate RCCL against NCL when you have not sailed on RCCL.

So which is it this time? Have you sailed 25 times or 10 times or will you pick a new number of cruises you have had for this, another negative post but on a different forum?

Sorry, you are caught over here too. In one post you stated you have cruised 25 times and rated RCCL better than NCL. In a post eight days later you said you were going on your 10th cruise and your first on RCCL. It's kind of hard to rate RCCL against NCL when you have not sailed on RCCL.

So which is it this time? Have you sailed 25 times or 10 times or will you pick a new number of cruises you have had for this, another negative post but on a different forum?

You might want to unretire...seeing you dont have much of anything else to do.....now go take a nap

You might want to unretire...seeing you dont have much of anything else to do.....now go take a nap

Nice retort....attack the messenger and ignore the message. Yea, that makes it all better.:confused:

PE<---thinks cruisedaze needs to fix their signature so we know what they are trying to advertise...

Thanks for the facts R-n-E. I noticed in the reply to your post, they weren't disputed! I'll be expanding my ignore file by one.

I sort of like that cheerleaders unite idea.

-Monte

Done! cruisedaze won't sucker me in again!

Maybe you should go play with your Legos and make a cruise ship.:eek:

<yes, cheerleaders unite and become CNCLers>

just back from Dream and the service in the dining rooms was terrible. i think part of it is the fact that the kitchen is not setup for freestyle. food overall did not compare to celebrity, but we are intelligent enough to realize we didn't pay for a celebrity. all was edible and presented well. the wait staff just didn't know how to handle the delays in the kitchen, e.g. one lunch we waited 45 minutes after ordering without anyone coming by to check water, bread or to inform us the kitchen was backed up. oh well, next cruise will be better!

As the kids say, you da bom. :D!!!!

Ciao,

W A W W ;)!

Archived