Benefits on a C & A members cruise?

chrob

We have provisionally booked on a C & A members cruise but the cost is £300 more than for the identical itinerary on a date 6 weeks later without the 'C & A Members' cruse annotation.

What 'extras' do you get on a members cruise? Is it worth the extra £300?

Input would be really appreciated from anyone who has already been on a speciality 'members cruise'.

Thanks

Chrob

You don't specify what cruise you are considering, but I'm guessing that the majority of the price difference is due to the 6 weeks calendar difference (i.e. low vs high season? etc. ) Often a C&A cruise is a little more than normal but not 300 pounds! There are more scheduled activities and usually daily gifts in the cabin for C&A members--no way are they worth $500-600.

That is true...they often open an auxillary lounge for the overflow when there are many Diamond members (and above) on board....its not just C&A cruises but some of the transatlantic and med cruises also because they draw a lot of long-time repeat guests. It is usually a room in the Viking Crown for spillovers.

You don't specify what cruise you are considering, but I'm guessing that the majority of the price difference is due to the 6 weeks calendar difference (i.e. low vs high season? etc. ) Often a C&A cruise is a little more than normal but not 300 pounds! There are more scheduled activities and usually daily gifts in the cabin for C&A members--no way are they worth $500-600.

Just curious - what are some of the daily gifts?

They have always been per member on the C&A cruises that we have sailed.

thanks. just wonder as now that my bil has the cruise bug, my sis, bil & I are cruising together and are all 3 C&A members. Nice to know we would all get a gift. Funny thing tho--I have inquired before, but have to admit not with a C&A rep, as to what the differences are on member cruise 7 was told NONE. A gift a day, no matter how small, is not NONE. Good to know..

thanks

We are Diamond members and on our last cruise we got a little special gift every day and it was not a C&A cruise. I am not sure if that is the norm or if it was because it was our first cruise as Diamond Members

on our last cruise, our first as C&A members, we got 2 gifts, course we were just lowly little Gold fish, but we are working on improving that.;)

Thanks for all your replies. Before we left home both cruises were priced the same with RCCL but the Feb. one was not annotated a 'members only cruise' at that time so I think the price increase is purely because of the C & A bit.

We have cabin 6026 which is an aft facing cabin on the Splendour. Any thoughts on the cabin? Anyone stayed in that cabin?

The cruise is a South American cruise from Rio to Valparasio (or in reverse in March). When would the weather be better - 10th Feb or 22nd Mar?

Thanks for all the replies

Chrob

Archived