Jeep in Cozumel

jennya3

We have! We've been to Cozumel twice - once we rented a Jeep the other time it was a topless VW. We rented both at the pier - didn't reserve ahead of time.

The time we rented the VW, I had set up something in advance and was supposed to call when we arrived at the port and the rental agency would drop off the car at the pier. Well, when we arrived, the phone service was not working.... Since I hadn't given them my CC#, we just rented at the pier.

The eastern side of the island is beautiful! There are quite a few great beaches. Make sure you stop for a beer at Rasta's and for lunch at Coconuts!

Enjoy.

If memory serves me correctly, the Jeep was around $75 (give or take a little) that was in January 2003. The topless VW bug was about $45 in January 2004. The VW was from Alamo - there's a office right outside of the pier.

Liv. Not sure why you think we're brave. The road around the island (there's only one) are very good and traffic is light. It is conjested in San Miguel but no worse than many cities in the US. BTW the worst driving style and manners I've observed have been those getting off the ships.

We just did this in May, and had a wonderful day!!! My friend Cheryl booked it through AVIS online, they told her they were right at the pier. We walked off the pier, to find that it was a short taxi ride to Avis but Executive was right there. We ditched that plan as she hadnt given Avis her CC, and told Executive that we would rent from them if they gave us the same rate ($50 plus fill the tank), they agreed. They did require a major credit card to reserve it, so bring one with you.

We stopped at several watering holes along the shore, and also a couple of beach areas. Just be advised, the surf was ROUGH and there were flags up warning against rip tides. Don't get bombed and decide that swimming in one of those areas is a fabulous idea! ;)

Definately stop by Coconuts, it has a gorgeous view. :) And remember to wear sunscreen in the jeep, that sun will get ya and you won't even feel it!

Liv. Not sure why you think we're brave. The road around the island (there's only one) are very good and traffic is light. It is conjested in San Miguel but no worse than many cities in the US. BTW the worst driving style and manners I've observed have been those getting off the ships.

LOL. I took a taxi to my discover scuba excursion and the driver was CRAZY :eek:

Amazin Tour Cozumel ( Jeep Tour )

from

http://www.cozumel.net/tours/jeep.htm

we arrange the rental for you or you call them yourself.

from

http://www.cozumel-vacation-rentals.com/car-rental.htm

We booked a JEEP tour with Olympus Tours in the hotel

from

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150809-d153003-r1777985-Fiesta_Americana_Cozumel_Dive_Resort-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.cink_html

We (20 of us) rented 5 jeeps and drove around Cozumel in February and the price was still the same... it was fantastic... you get to see what you want to see, rather than just what some tourguide shows you... and best of all, you can stop at every bar along the way if you want to!

Kim

We (20 of us) rented 5 jeeps and drove around Cozumel in February and the price was still the same... it was fantastic... you get to see what you want to see, rather than just what some tourguide shows you... and best of all, you can stop at every bar along the way if you want to!

Kim

Just curious. When you stopped at the bars. did you have to have pesos or did they take dollars?

Archived