better to cruise 2/10 or 2/24?

nant4me

I am currently pricing out the 8 day Spirit cruise and see that there is a $200 per person price difference between sailing on Feb. 10 verses Feb. 24. Does anyone know why the big difference? Is it a popular week vs less popular or is the weather a factor, etc. I don't think Spring Break falls in either week so I don't think that is why. I am traveling with my two teens and obviously would like the cheaper week as I will save around $800 but want to make sure I won't regret it! Thanks for any insight you can give!

College spring breaks start in March. I ckecked that out, since I will be on the Feb24 Spirit cruise. Getting a little too old to hang out with 20 yr olds. Here on the east coast most grade and high schools have a mid winter break. This is the week of Presidents Birthdays. They either have the entire week or 4 day weekend. Hope that helps.

hi, the cheaper week is feb. 24. it is the week after my kids have off from school. my husband started a new job and can't get President's week off. i am pulling my kids out of school so it doesn't matter if i go before their break or after. they prefer to go the week before as then they can make up any work they missed on their break but it is $800 more that week. I'm probably going to have to go with the finances as the main deal breaker but just wanted to make sure there wasn't something i was missing as to why feb. 24 is so much cheaper. thanks!

There are LOTS of factors that will impact pricing. In the end, it is simple - SUPPLY and DEMAND.

As more people book certain weeks, the rates will go up. As less people book, they will reduce rates. The numbers are impacted by:

* Holidays - remember, different schools have different days off sometimes

* Group Bookings - if there a number of groups booked a certain week, then the number of remaining cabins drop quicker. 30 cabins here, 50 over there, maybe 100 over here. They all add up. And depending on the the group, certain cabin levels may be more impacted than others.

* Destination holidays - smaller impact but sometimes people will pick a week to arrive during festival time, etc.

* Non vacation Holidays like Valentines Day

In the end, pick the week that works for you.

I know that New Hampshire celebrates their Feb winter break different from Massachusetts. We met alot of them at Disney last February.

Mass always celebrates President week as their winter break. Some cruises may end the beginning of that week, so they may cost more.

All of New England schools have a week off in February for Winter Break. Not Spring Break - that's in the spring.

We are in New Hampshire and the winter break for the whole state is Feb 24, with the Spirit leaving from New York and an easy drive it might be a popular family week.

Take a look at the Feb 2nd 8 day Spirit cruise. the price for an inside cabin is only $20.00 more pp but the window and balcony cabins are cheaper that week! I am pulling my teenager out for the week so I shopped for the best price.

Archived