Small Plane Rental

STPETE1

Contact points, I have no idea if you'll need to speak Spanish, but I'd bet you would, these come from the following pdf, page 18: http://www.seneam.gob.mx/docs/Otros/flying/folleto.pdf, I couldn't find any info about renting a small plane like we can here in the states. I'm sure it exists, but isn't as prevalent as it is here. I would recommend that he call AOPA, if he's a member, to get some info as well.

Cozumel CZM ATS phone 987-872-0602 authorities 987-872-0295 hours of operation 1300 to 0300 UTC (zulu), dial country code 011, then 52 then the 10 digit number above.

There wasn't any info for Costa Maya.

The only thing that I could find about Grand Cayman is a couple phone numbers for Owen Roberts Airport, 345-949-5252 or 345-949-7811. I don't know if there's a country code.

Good luck with it, I'm a private pilot myself, but doubt very seriously that you're going to have any luck renting an airplane, with or without an instructor. I'd love to hear if he has any luck. One thing he might be able to do is just hop a flight between islands on one of the many floatplanes or seaplanes that run between islands. Hope that helps some.

Archived