Sunset Beach Resort--review

We were here on 11/22.

Despite bad weather we had an okay time. We even ran into some friends of ours from Texas, who had stayed the week and enjoyed as well.

We loved the slides and thought they were alot of fun! The lazy river wasnt bad, but not as exciting as I would have hoped. We were able to eat in the buffet dining room, with shorts and shirts on. (no wet bathing suits/or dry )

They had a great breakfast buffet which was still going on when we arrived. So, we got to try that and lunch! They had some really really yummy desserts at lunchtime, too.

The grill area had burgers (but not sure WHAT kind of meat it was), fries, grillled cheese, meat pies and ice-cream. There was plenty to drink, as well.The grounds were pretty nice, but it was so windy it was hard to really enjoy them. The ocean was coming up so high on the beach, there was not really one to stand on. We couldnt use the watersports either on our tour day, and the putt putt course was missing the golf balls, making it hard to play! They did have a basketball game and shuffle board going on all afternoon. Plus, a DJ came out and had lots of games and music.

All in all, this place was fun, probably would have been much more crowded if the sun had come out......it was deserted when we were there. But it is hard to swim in 72 degree weather with very gusty winds.

oh, as we were leaving we realized they have showers and changing rooms near the putt putt area. AND a nice SPA, but we were heading back to the ship by then.

I am not sure IF I would go back to this resort or not? I believe the poverty level in Jamaica is what keeps this place from being a four star resort.

p.s. DONT bring ship towels with you and watch your stuff! Someone stole our Carnival towel out of our bag!

We were there too that day. We met some Texans from the Carnival ship, maybe that was you? We were my 2 DS's 3 and almost 2, my DH and my mother.

I agree with OP, this would have been great if we had good weather. We made the best of it though. We did not eat in the dining room b/c we were in bathing suits. The grill food was really really bad except for the patties. The burgers were horrible and the hot dogs, well, calling them vile is being nice. The drinks were not very good either. Since all we had to do b/c of the weather was eat and drink it was not a great day. $40 a person was a lot for this place.

We were there too that day. We met some Texans from the Carnival ship, maybe that was you? We were my 2 DS's 3 and almost 2, my DH and my mother.

I agree with OP, this would have been great if we had good weather. We made the best of it though. We did not eat in the dining room b/c we were in bathing suits. The grill food was really really bad except for the patties. The burgers were horrible and the hot dogs, well, calling them vile is being nice. The drinks were not very good either. Since all we had to do b/c of the weather was eat and drink it was not a great day. $40 a person was a lot for this place.

You might remember us....we had the wet suits on that day just to get in the pool, it was that cold!!!!:eek: we were still cold in them!!

Archived