Price Increases

denlyd

Has anyone who is booked on NCL checked the current prices.

In Oct 06 we booked an AA on the Dawn for the 12 day canada/ne Oct 07 cruise and paid $7708 w/ insurance

I checked today on the AA prices and it was $13098 an increase of $5390.

I quess that unless today's price was a glitch it pays to book early'.

Regards,

Dennis

After checking this price, I was afraid that I was quoted the wrong price. I checked my receipt and if it was a misquote my TA is in trouble.

It's scary that in about 30 days the prices flucuate so much. If I were booking today an AA at today's prices it would be out of the question.

Regards,

Dennis

I think it is great that the prices are going up...cruising became too cheap, that was the reason, quality went down!

So heads up and I hope it becomes better again!

I do agree with you somewhat but +$500 ea. in only 60 days? Seems extreme. I checked the 2007 catalog and the prices for our trip are now higher than that. I know those are subject to change...just didn't realize how much and how fast they would change.

How can you find those prices? When I went to check pricing and availability, I'd just get this generic page that only broke the pricing into 4 categories: inside, oceanview, balconies, and suites with "fares from $$). I couldn't find a way to see further breakdowns, i.e. actual cabin categories, or availablity, or even what cabins are available, like in the old website. Am I missing something?

How can you find those prices? When I went to check pricing and availability' date=' I'd just get this generic page that only broke the pricing into 4 categories: inside, oceanview, balconies, and suites with "fares from $$). I couldn't find a way to see further breakdowns, i.e. actual cabin categories, or availablity, or even what cabins are available, like in the old website. Am I missing something?[/quote']

Here's a link to the old web site for booking. It is still being up-dated until they get the new one working.

https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer/

As I and many have written over and over, fare prices can go both up and down. As I and many have answered those wishing to rebook with the Wednesday's Specials, for original bookings, to take advantages of fares dropping in price, would you be willing to pay extra if the fare increases?

It works both ways folks. It is likely that your neighbors onboard the ship in the same classification of cabin paid a different fare than you.

Our cruise for next November has gone up $408 per person. We paid $1259 (inclusive of port fees and taxes) in September and it's now $1667 per person. Even though for a 15 night cruise $1667 is still a good price for a midship BC balcony cabin. $1259 is just a lot better! And I think others that booked a little before me paid even less than we did.

Our category (upper deck balcony) on the Spirit for a President's Day week sailing next February went up almost $500 between the time we booked it (last December - yes, I'm a real early bird) and today.

My moral to my wife: yes, it pays to book early, so don't complain when I start talking about vacations over a year in advance!!!!;)

We just booked the Pearl for next Christmas (07) 5 day. Our TA was $220. less than NCL directly. Exactly the same cabin!

I was going to wait until our Dec 28 sailing on the Dawn but I got a better deal now with the TA plus $200. ship board credit. Doesn't make sense to me.:confused:

I've booked 5 cruises in the past 2 years on NCL. High end suites.

Check the prices EVERY day.

I'm currently watching the Dawn and Gem.

Prices have gone up and down.

And, when you check your prices for the cabin you are interested in...check the prices on the cabin categories ABOVE your cabin interest.

Some of them go down lower than the cabin category you are checking.

There is no rhyme or reason....until the end.

You just have to be diligent in checking.

Good luck:)

Archived