Galaxy Family suites at the back of the ship, are they loud from the engines? Help!

cruise0131

Please help, I want to book one of the family suites on the back of the ship on the Penthouse deck but heard that they may vibrate and are loud. Has anyone been in these rooms? We have a 1 year old and thought we would enjoy the extra space but are worried.

I need to book this today and would love any info you can provide about the staterooms and bringing a baby on board.

Thank you.:)

Please help, I want to book one of the family suites on the back of the ship on the Penthouse deck but heard that they may vibrate and are loud. Has anyone been in these rooms? We have a 1 year old and thought we would enjoy the extra space but are worried.

Loud from the engines? No, not at all. All you'll hear is the sound of the propellers in the ship's wake. Many of us _love_ that sound!

You will feel a slight vibration from the thrusters when entering or leaving port. Usually ten minutes or less...it's nothing to worry about.

I need to book this today and would love any info you can provide about the staterooms and bringing a baby on board.

Thank you.:)

I agree with Paul from Maryland. Very soothing sound except when entering or leaving ports. We were in 9245 of the pre-refurbished Century. The room is actually split in two. A queen size bed paralllel to the wall as you enter, a sliding divider and then a fold out bed for one and a upper berth for one on the other side of the divider. My teenage daughter scouted this out on a prior trip on Century. She did good:)

We have been in the family cabins on Mercury and Century. With Mercury, we were on the Penthouse Deck. In both cases there were not any loud engine noises. There are some sounds and vibrations that occurred for a brief time during when the ship pulled in and out of port.

The 20% extra space in the family cabin over a standard cabin was terrific for our family of 4. Our then 7 mo old son went with us on our Century cruise and it worked out just fine......

Have heard that the family suites vibrate a lot especially going in and out of ports.

We were on Celebrity Galaxy coming out of Baltimore a few years back and I must say I thought there was a lot of vibration in the rear of the ship coming out of the port.

The dining room was vibrating a lot. It was also quite loud.

Looking at it this way, since ships come into port early consider it your wake-up alarm.

Have heard that the family suites vibrate a lot especially going in and out of ports.

We were on Celebrity Galaxy coming out of Baltimore a few years back and I must say I thought there was a lot of vibration in the rear of the ship coming out of the port.

The dining room was vibrating a lot. It was also quite loud.

Looking at it this way, since ships come into port early consider it your wake-up alarm.

One thing to keep in mind when comparing to the restaurant, the closer to the engines the more you will feel and hear it. The higher the better.

Archived