Pearl Transatlantic - Shoreguy Blog - 2 December 2006

shoreguy

I know one of the laundries on the Dawn (I think it was 5th floor) wasn't marked. Well - it was marked, but it said "crew only." I asked one of the room stewards where the laundry was and he took me in and showed me. Otherwise, I never would have found it.

11 Days till the 1st 7 Day Caribbean Cruise on the Pearl, thanks to all who have contributed to this Blog! Shoreguy a special thanks for all your posts, insights and connections. :D

Like most of the CC members I will have my camera on hand and post any pic's and info about the cruise, people and shore excursions. :cool:

I've put up some information (and our own opinions) on my blog at http://progster.blogspot.com there are some pictures of the ship, but I'll wait till I have cheaper internet access before putting more up. I'm sure much of it has already been covered here already, but I don't have the ship internet minutes to read it all ;)

Cheers

Stuart & Hilary (Mc_Cruiser and Calmac)

Thank you.

Thoroughly enjoyed your blog.

Looking forward to how your land legs are after getting off the ship.

You had quite a ride:)

Welcome back, shoreguy. Thanks for a wonderful blog. It was truly a blog for me as I searched for your entries and read ONLY your entries. I just don't have the time to read questions and comments by others, no offense to anyone:D.

I look forward to hearing more about your trip and especially the photos. I only have 10 more days before I head to Miami to board the Pearl. I won't ask any questions of you before you get a chance to settle in and write up your review.

Welcome back!

For one, I've enjoyed the entire thread. Never found any of the comments too tedious to read through.

It seems as though we were sharing your cruise on the Pearl!

Thanks for being so generous and allowing us to peek in on your vacation.

Looking forward to your entire review - or the completion of the blog.

This has been a very special Early Christmas Gift.

Thank You Shoreguy!

OK I am back home :( The journey is over but the memories just beginning. 5:30 am will come very early tomorrow as I drive into the city and return to the real world. Got to the airport tonight claimed my bags and no driver. Realized I did not even have a number for the new company I was using. All I could think was where is Ruth. I could hear her voice and suddenly my driver appeared running thru the airport.

The bags are still packed, dinner from the local pizza joint, The mess is all mine to clean up. The most depressing part of a cruise the end. 500 pictures to follow from door knobs to power outlets.

1076479180_Pearl12022006Miami.jpg.c75c924a51eb6773e7d2e08689b7a6f0.jpg

Shoreguy,

Thank you so much for sharing your cruise with us. I too am cruising with Barb and the groundhogs in February on the Pearl.

I am sorry that you had to endure such bad weather when you started out.

My only question was the same one I asked you last year before my cruise on the Jewel was where did you find the best coffee? I am tempted to take my own press as I was not happy with the regular coffee on the Jewel with the acception of the speciality shop.

Thanks again Jim,

Diane

We are home as well. Yesterday was a very long day for us. I have fallen very much in love with Ruth and the crew's STYLE. Ruth has recommended, we eat breakfast and then do immigration and then get the transport to our car in storage. It went so smooth. We will miss Sonja in Cagneys so very much. In an odd twist of things, we met another English Couple from the ship, and they have a home in our town. We ended up helping them transport their luggage home. SO nice to keep making new friends

Grandmother rode fiarly well from Miami to Gainesville. We went straight to the ER at the Local Hospital so she could be checked out. After X-Rays and such, they ruled she had a soft tissue injury. Mostly likely caused by her falling into the wall during High Seas. Please note she is 89. Anyhow, they gave her drugs and such we got home around 3:30 after dropping her off.

Today will be day of unpacking and getting our house cleaned up and meangerie back together.

We are home as well. Yesterday was a very long day for us. I have fallen very much in love with Ruth and the crew's STYLE. Ruth has recommended, we eat breakfast and then do immigration and then get the transport to our car in storage. It went so smooth. We will miss Sonja in Cagneys so very much. ...quote]

Welcome home.:)

Wasn't Sonja wonderful. So professional yet so much fun. We fell in love with her on the Star in Feb and then again in Alaska in Aug. We were so happy to hear she was headed to the Pearl and would be on when we travel the Canal in April if she did not get married while on vacation. We are glad she did not get married.:D

So hope Grandmother continues to improve daily. Thanks for all the imput on the TA.

Archived