Drinking age in San Juan, St. Thomas and Tortola?

BethC

DD is 18 and "enjoyed" her trip to Carlos and Charlies in Cozumel while on our Disney cruise in June. We are booked on the Legend next summer and she has already asked about drinking age in those ports. I realize the drinking age is 21 on the ship and I know that Carnival strictly enforces it but what about the eastern ports?

Thanks!

Beth

The drinking age in St.Thomas and Tortola is 18, the legal drinking age in Puerto Rico is 18. However, some establishments will not serve people under 21. You can pick up a tourist guide and it lists the local places and age limits at each.

I am not sure about the other 2 ports, but in St. Thomas, I believe there is none! lol. I know its not 18, because when I went 2 years ago to St. Thomas, I was 17 and my best friend was still 16. We went to the top of the mountain on a tour, and at the top of the mountain they had these banana drinks that was loaded with rum. (right down the straw and the bottom of the cup). Both my friend and I bought one without a problem. So I don't think she will have a problem in St. Thomas. Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the replys! DD will be happy to hear that the age is 18. Hubby and I were on the Pride to Bermuda last summer and they seemed to be carding people all the time! Maybe they have relaxed their policy a bit!

Beth

Archived