Star, What an awsome cruise and trip

Sen

I just got off the Star and I had a blast. I got off on the 22nd of Nov. I enjoyed the ship and the trip very much. I really enjoyed the oasis pool and the watersildes. The water would land in these areas in where the water would be standing. The water was very warm and I loved relaxing in there. I also enjoyed our cruise director Simon. He reminded me of a young Elton John, with his ," Have a smashing time," on the intercom every morning day, and night. He was really cool. I loved our stateroom with the balcony. It was just nice to watch us take off from the balcony. I made a few friends on the ship. We all went to Kareoke almost the entire time except the last night. The crew was extremely friendly and fun. I enjoyed our housekeepers. Marlin and Marsha. I always tried to say hi to them every day. I think they liked it. The stops were wonderful Zijuantanejo/Ixtapa was my favorite stops. It was so lush and green there. I would recommend it for future sailers. My favorite things to eat on the ship were buffalo wings in Blue Lagoon, Mousse in the Markey Cafe, Mexican food in the Endless Summer Cafe. They have good food. Lime sherbet, and a chocolate crepe' in the Aqua. Other foods were not at good as the Celebrity, but all in all, this ship is worth the money. It's fun.

Thanks for the review of the Star. We will be taking the same cruise in February and I am sure looking forward to some sunshine. We have sailed on the Star to the Pacific Northwest in the past and enjoyed the ship. I have never been on a cruise that I didn't enjoy!

Carolyn

wow, thanks for the energetic positive post alot of us have been longing for. glad to hear you had a great time. please, if you could be a littlemore specific about the food and service at the blue lagoon with more attention on the variety of the wings. 10 cruises now and i`m still waiting to have a plate of good wings on my verandah. thanks in advance.

george

the wings in the blue lagoon are GOOD! i liked them lots better then the fish and chips. they only have 1 variety of them, you can't order hot/ hottest or mild like you can on shore. i suggest double ordering to get enough. try the chili, it surprised me..tasty. the sherpard pie was very good.

for anyone who doesn't already know..the blue lagoon is open about 20 hours a day...is small..one walkway of the ship goes right through the blue lagoon. not a very private, quiet place. i liked it because it was lively, cheerful and a great place to people watch. it only has 6 or 8 small booths along the windows and a couple more along the pillars. drinks/cookies and such are self service. they do have people to take orders and a cook/grill right there in the open. we found some of the friendliest crew members working there (that's saying something since we found everyone friendly) the menu is very limited, but everything we had was very good.

I was also on the star with you Sen, I LOVED every minute of it!!

I feel like I need to go on another cruise right away just to try those buffalo wings I seemed to have missed!! Can't believe there was an item of food on that ship I didn't try!

I too loved hanging out in the oasis pool, my favorite port was cabo, second was ixtapa/z, least favorite was Acapulco.

Simon was a hoot! Although, it is time for him to switch up his "have a smashing day" with something else every once in awhile. But he was very funny.

The shows were great, laughted extremely hard to all of the comedians.

Anyway, I agree with you Sen, had a great time!!

Who says cruising is for old people, I am only 26!

Trina

So glad to be getting some Star comments that are current. Thanks much. There is a website on another thread:

www.kast.org/NCLDawn

that has new Dawn menus printed. Can you give us an idea if they are the same on the Star and in same sequence. Greatly appreciated.

I know we are going to have a great trip. In great part to all of you who have taken time to post info.

I was surprised to see the Star Web Cam showing that it was in San Pedro. Shouldn't it be in Cabo today?

Since it's an 8 day sailing each cruise starts on a different day of the week. She left today - Thursday and will return next Friday (to pick me up:D ) and my cruise is over on a Saturday and another one starts. I hope that makes sense.

Since it's an 8 day sailing each cruise starts on a different day of the week. She left today - Thursday and will return next Friday (to pick me up:D ) and my cruise is over on a Saturday and another one starts. I hope that makes sense.

Return to pick you up? No the ship is going to return to pick meeeee up.

The itinerary on the web site shows November 24 and December 2 departures from LA if I am reading it correctly. That is what had me confused. Thanks for the info. Hurry Jan 9! Mexican Riviera or bust.

Thanks so much for the positive review! We are going on the Star in March and are sooooo excited.

What activities did you do in Zijuantanejo/Ixtapa?

well in ixtapa we went to las gatas beach. on our own, on a water taxi, it was 3$ per person, each way , so worth it , nice beach friendly people there, and not to many vendors since its only accessible by boat..

the boat wanted 55 per person for an excursion but we did it on our own

we had our own snorkel gear , but its there to rent, or banana boats. or waverunners.. its a nice beach,

heres a pic

2371207710085438855KTyUsD_th.jpg

2307669550085438855fOPcZa_th.jpg

Archived