Which cruise would you do?

Which cruise would you do and why?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which cruise would you do and why?

• 8/19/07 Conquest, 7 night, inside Guar. $1787
    • 8/20/07 Carvnival Ectasy, inside Guar. $1219

The kids start school on August 27th, but the prices are great.

We have been on the Conquest and loved it, but would we not like the smaller ship and it is only 5 days and not 7?

any opinions appreciated!:)

I wouldn't hesitate to go on the Ecstacy if I were looking for a 5-night cruise.

My vote was for the Conquest, though. If given the choice of a 5-night or a 7-night, I'd go for the 7-night in a heartbeat! The cruise goes by so fast, even the 7-night, I just think a 5-night would not give you enough time.

If money or time is a factor, though, I'm sure the Ecstacy would be fun too.

Good luck with your decision. :)

You have read my mind with this question---we are having the same dilema- looking at going next November. My husband and I just did the Conquest 2 weeks ago alone....now we want to take the kids and are debating between the two ships. Anyone know how the kids programs compare????

That is not an apple to apple compairson...

If the money is there and you have time Conquest but if shorter and less expensive is your mind set Ecstasy....

John

do you know if the Ecstasy is as nice as the Conquest even though it is smaller?

do you know if the Ecstasy is as nice as the Conquest even though it is smaller?

I sailed the Ecstasy this past July and she was spiffy after drydock, but keep these issues in mind

Smaller ship, different ports, and vastly different options on the ship it self.

Do a little searching and look at what all the Conquest class ships offers...

extra dinning options, clubs Ect....

Your comparing a two seater sports car to Mini Van .....

Both take you somewhere but they do it differently....

That said we have a MultiFamily in the works for summer 2009 on the Quest, and might squeez in another Ecstasy before then....

John

A lot would depend on where you're travelling from to get to port. For us, coming from the midwest, travelling into port takes the better part of a whole day, obviously, as does the way home. So we'd blow 2 days travelling for a 5 day cruise. We've only been on a 7 day cruise and thought it was *just right* for us. Long enough to not be living out of a suitcase, but not too long that we miss home too much, and we're ready to go home (though truth be told, if I had my kids with me, which may happen when they're older, I could probably go 10 days ;) ).

If your children have not visited these ports before then the difference in itinerary comes down to MoBay and Grand Cayman on Conquest or Progreso on Ecstacy. I give a big nod to Conquest here.

I have sailed Conquest before and I have sailed Elation from Galveston. In my opinion Conquest has much better Camp Carnival facilities including a large connected teen disco and arcade so again Conquest gets the nod.

That leaves time and cost. If you have the time and the money it's Conquest. If saving the money is important I'm sure you will still have a great time on the Ecstacy.

A lot would depend on where you're travelling from to get to port. For us, coming from the midwest, travelling into port takes the better part of a whole day, obviously, as does the way home. So we'd blow 2 days travelling for a 5 day cruise. We've only been on a 7 day cruise and thought it was *just right* for us. Long enough to not be living out of a suitcase, but not too long that we miss home too much, and we're ready to go home (though truth be told, if I had my kids with me, which may happen when they're older, I could probably go 10 days ;) ).

we drive from the Dallas area, only 4.5 hours for us...

and we are already doing a 7 day in June on the Rhapsody, and just got off the Conquest, we wanted a last minute summer fix.....so not sure what we will do, still looking into it.

thanks for all the great opinions.:)

I don't know if this matters to you or not, but the Ecstasy was built in 1991 and is a Fantasy Class ship. The Conquest was built in 2002 and is a Conquest Class ship.

Not to say that the Ecstasy wouldn't be a perfectly wonderful cruise, but it is an older, smaller ship for sure. :)

Conquest for me .... not that the ship makes that much difference to me... I've been on the Fantasy and the Miracle and had a great time on both..... I just don't have any desire to go to Progresso.... and 7 days is always better than 5:rolleyes:

There's no way in he!! that I'd pay $1800.00 to cruise in hurricane season in an inside cabin. Geeze in Jan. I'll be on the Verandah deck in a balcony, on the Liberty for less than $3000.00 for two including tips, port charges and taxes. The cruise alone was $1029.00 per person.

There's no way in he!! that I'd pay $1800.00 to cruise in hurricane season in an inside cabin. Geeze in Jan. I'll be on the Verandah deck in a balcony, on the Liberty for less than $3000.00 for two including tips, port charges and taxes. The cruise alone was $1029.00 per person.

the $1800 is for four of us. I am confused as to why you would be upset over that amount?

I just think $450 a person is a steal in my book.

WE have children in school, therefore must choose dates like this to sail.

Y

Gotta remember we are on the coast and Hurricanes are normal news for us...

I was not going to come right out and say the Progresso deal but Been there and not making plans today to go back !

That being said if my options required me to go back I'll stay on the Boat by the pool....

John

Archived