Star Princess ?'s & Ft. Lauderdale Hilton Garden Inn

RWKY

We are sailing the Star on 12/16 (4 cabins on Baja - 3 balcony & 1 inside) and I have several questions:

1. We are staying the night before at the Hilton Garden Inn near the Pier - any reviews? I understand they have a shuttle from the airport and then to the cruise pier, correct? How often does it run?

2. We have been on CB Princess and Bert Stratton played the piano and sang most every night - we loved him. Is there someone like him on the Star?

3. Have the balcony rooms on the Star, Baja (not mini suite balcony) received upgraded bedding yet?

4. We have been on 15 cruises, but never in the Western Carribean during the winter (only fall) - how is the weather and seas during December?

5. Any ideas of where to rent a car in Ocho Rios?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

I can't really answer any of your question since we will be going on our first cruise on Dec 23...But if you will go to tripadviser.com you can real reviews about the Hilton Garden Inn...Hope that helps with that question you have...

Cadi

Can only try to answer one question. We sailed on the Western last year the first week of December and had beautiful weather temperatures about mid 80 the whole time. Even the last night sailing back to Port Canaveral I was sitting on the balcony with a beautiful warm breeze blowing. The seas were very calm, calmest we ever had. We are going again next week and have my fingers crossed for the same. But remember every cruise can be different from week to week. The Thankgiving cruise had bad seas and bad weather, missed GC.

Archived