4-day Elation in April or 7-day Glory in August

steel123

I would take the Elation over the Glory. We have been on bith ships, April is hot but not like August. Seems silly to pay to go somewhere when it is hot at home as well. Depending on when you go in april makes a diffreance though as to kids, partying etc. The Elaition 5 day is AWESOME

Thanks for your opinion. We are going during the kid's school vacation, so we don't have much flexibility and have to do the 4-day Elation cruise. The 5-day itinerary looks great, though. I don't mind if there are kids on board, but I am worried there could be more partying because it is a shorter itinerary. Also, I was thinking April may be better since it isn't hurricane season. I appreciate your response.:)

The date we have booked is 4/19. We have a 10 & a 12 year old, so I would be concerned if there was too much partying going on. I asked my PVP if she thought this would be a problem. She said she thought there would be more families on board because it's a school vacation week for many towns. Is there a way I can find this out? I thought Spring Break for colleges was in March? Anyone have more information on this?:)

I think your PVP is probably correct. Easter weekend (4-8-07) is usually the end of spring break in our area for everything from Primary school to University. Actually, I believe that most are on spring break the last week in March - so it would be back to school 4/2/07, because they are out for the summer break by mid May.

We are actually booked on Elation (in February) and the Glory (in June)! If given the choice, I would always take the longer cruise. We cruise early summer to increase our chances on NOT running into a hurricane but it's always a chance when cruising (especially) late summer. Still, I would go 7 day over 4.

Have Fun!

Thanks for all your replies. Unfortunately, due to the school calendar and the airline ticket dates, we can't do a 7 day cruise in April, so I guess we're going to stick with the Elation and hope it's not too wild. I definitely want to try the Glory in the future, though. It has been my second choice for a ship since we went on the Miracle first. June sound like a good time to go, too.:)

Your dilemma sounds just like mine! We are booked for a 7-day on the Destiny in July, but I have the opportunity to go on the 5-day Elation (Mex Riviera) instead with another friend. Bah! I'm voting for the 7-day anytime, I have to say.

Archived