The Dumbest Question Yet.....

sksadams

Ok I received my travel documents did the doc dance have already started packing (bungee cord, bonine and lanyard) and can't wait for our very first cruise ever...Now for the dumb question the baggage tags they give you do you put them on prior to getting on the boat or is this for when you get off the boat! I keep reading about your baggage color being called so I can't really decide what to do with these tags. I know this is dumb but I can't find the answer anywhere in the documents.

You put those tags on BEFORE you get onto the ship. BEFORE you give your luggage to the porters at the pier. The tags you have get them to your stateroom/cabin.

The last night of the cruise, they will give you colored tags to attach to your luggage when you put it outside your door for pickup.

Hope this helped!

LOL, considering the questions "Can I bring my crockpot?" and "Will Carnival let me bring my fishing pole so I can fish from the back of the boat?" have all come up, I would say this is FAR from a stupid question!!!!!! It's a good question!!! The tags are for getting on the ship...

have a great time!!

The last night of the cruise, they will give you colored tags to attach to your luggage when you put it outside your door for pickup.

HUH??? I've never heard of getting NEW tags the night before debarkation!

Correct, above, that the color of your tags (plus other info on them) get them TO your cabin. However, the SAME tags should remain ON your luggage - and then when your 'color' is called, that's when you disembark.

That's the way Carnival does it. Perhaps you're thinking of another line?

:D I know it's confusing, but NO.

When you are TBA (gray tags) - When you get to the pier, there'll be a guy there with the porters who'll be holding a manifest. He will look up your name and then give you the CORRECT tags to put on your luggage at that time.

Cotton, not necessarily... they just told us to put our cabin # on our gray tags... we did not receive new tags, nor did anyone else in our line... they gave us new tags the last night to put on our bags prior to placing them outside...

"Will Carnival let me bring my fishing pole so I can fish from the back of the boat?" have all come up, I would say this is FAR from a stupid question!!!!!! It's a good question!!! The tags are for getting on the ship...

Hey now. "I" resemble that remark! :rolleyes: Will they?? :D

Not a stupid question at all!

HUH??? I've never heard of getting NEW tags the night before debarkation!

Correct, above, that the color of your tags (plus other info on them) get them TO your cabin. However, the SAME tags should remain ON your luggage - and then when your 'color' is called, that's when you disembark.

That's the way Carnival does it. Perhaps you're thinking of another line?

COTTON!!

I've always recieved new tags (all 3x times it was the same color as the ones I got with my docs...but I understand that you can get a different color!!) the night prior to debarkation!!!

I have always received new tags or pieces of tape or stickers for my luggage the night before disembarkation - and not all were in a guarantee class

it has to do with what time you are leaving the area based on the info you give to your TA or now adays what you enter on your fun pass thing on Carnival.

The last time, we were staying in port and only had carryon so we were given the last color called and stayed until the very last person on the ship even though we didn't have to...it was really cool being the last ones on! Customs had even folded up their table and left! LOL

Thank you all for the information I felt dumb for asking but couldn't find the answer anywhere and I knew you good folks could help out. Next question I am thinking of these things as I pack. I have my power strip but it is a three prong will that work or do I need to look for one that just has two prongs. Thanks again you all have helped me sooooo much.

sksadamsThank you all for the information I felt dumb for asking but couldn't find the answer anywhere and I knew you good folks could help out. Next question I am thinking of these things as I pack. I have my power strip but it is a three prong will that work or do I need to look for one that just has two prongs. Thanks again you all have helped me sooooo much.

On the Miracle, the plugs were three prong. What ship are you on?

You may have already thought of this but since i didn't see it suggested I'll throw it out there. When you go to get your bags after debarkation, you will probably be amazed at how many look like yours. I suggest you tie something colorful and easily recognized on your luggage. Red, Blue and Yellow bandanas get overdone so come up with something else. It'll save time in the sea of luggage.

Have a great time and toast a sunset for me.

Just got my docs today and as I was reading through them I noticed the following under Important Reminders:

Baggage Tags

Please complete the information on your Carnival Cruise Lines Baggage tags and attach them to all of your luggage PRIOR to leaving home.

I probably only saw this since it's my 1st cruise and I read everything I got :D

Kathy

The way the airline handles the baggage I would be very careful about putting my tags on before I arrived at my destination. Maybe this is different if Carnival arranged your air travel, but we always do our own. Just something to think about. :confused:

Be careful if you attach the tags before.... alot of times, when they are ripping off prior "tags", they will rip that off too.... we put them on at the hotel before going to the port... I think Carnival says that so people won't forget :D

Archived