Jewel cabin help - please

ljrfrm

I just booked a BD on the Jewel - upgraded to a BB with their birthday promotion. I had to choose from Deck 10 on either end (but were all right near the elevators) or Deck 9 in the middle. I chose Deck 9 (Cabin 9088) so I wasn't right on the elevators and more in the middle. I just read here through doing a search that my cabin is right in front of the self-laundry facilities. Do you think this will be bothersome?? People, noise, etc.? Am I better off on Deck 10? The Deck 10 cabin was about two cabins down from the elevator towards the back. Thanks.

I just booked a BD on the Jewel - upgraded to a BB with their birthday promotion. I had to choose from Deck 10 on either end (but were all right near the elevators) or Deck 9 in the middle. I chose Deck 9 (Cabin 9088) so I wasn't right on the elevators and more in the middle. I just read here through doing a search that my cabin is right in front of the self-laundry facilities. Do you think this will be bothersome?? People, noise, etc.? Am I better off on Deck 10? The Deck 10 cabin was about two cabins down from the elevator towards the back. Thanks.

Yes it is lousy.

I hate being there and I have twice as a guarantee cabin.People will wait outside your door until they can get in.If it is ful they will even hang hangers on your door handle and hand rails just outside.For formal dinners,forget it,everyone needs to use the iron and its yap yap just outside the door as they all wait.

Steve

Ah, go for the suite and have someone else do your laundry for you! People in the past have complained about being near an elevator/stairway or the crew stairway (when taking luggage off the last night). Look at where else your cabin is near. You might like that other locations of the ship are near you. For example, on my recent Jewel cruise, I was glad the late-night disco was two decks above my cabin. However, it was a hike to get breakfast in the morning. Just weigh all your options and if you can switch with no problem, then try to select the best spot to fit your needs. Good luck!

Coka

Ono ur 15 night cruise we were down the hall from the Laundry and NEVER saw people hanging out there. Our room was not far from the elevators and really doubt you would hear anything. Maybe, but in 15 nights we NEVER heard people in the hall.

I might be more concerned with what is located exactly ABOVE and BELOW your cabin.

Ono ur 15 night cruise we were down the hall from the Laundry and NEVER saw people hanging out there. Our room was not far from the elevators and really doubt you would hear anything. Maybe, but in 15 nights we NEVER heard people in the hall.

I might be more concerned with what is located exactly ABOVE and BELOW your cabin.

GREAT point!

Be more concerned about what is above and below your cabin.

5 NCL cruises...I still don't even know where the laundry rooms are located..never saw a line anywhere;)

Thanks for the help. I was very careful in looking what was above and below me. Just cabins. I also didn't want to be right at the elevators. Never thought about a laundry across from us. I just have a courtesy hold right now on the booking - so when I call to leave my deposit, I may see what else they have. I had several choices - so we'll see. I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse right now though - as my plan when I called yesterday was to get an inside cabin. So, this is quite a bit more than we planned. We've only had interior or oceanview rooms in the past....I'm hoping we can swing the balcony on this one.....

Thanks again for your advice.

Archived