SS v SA

Oriole

First time on HAL is the 10 day Caribbean on the Noordam. I booked an SS for the 3 of us. TA called to ask if we wanted an SA for an additional $500. We do spend time in the cabin - 19 yr old boys need a LOT of sleep ,

Is there really a large difference in the space/layout? Are the Deluxe Verandah perks that much better ?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

TA called to ask if we wanted an SA for an additional $500. We do spend time in the cabin -

Is there really a large difference in the space/layout? Are the Deluxe Verandah perks that much better ? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

for a total of another 500 bucks i would run to the bank for the money -- more space (from 389 to 510) plus the suite perks

I would take the SA in a heartbeat. We were really impressed when we had an SC on the Westerdam. What really made the difference was the Concierge in the Neptune Lounge. Your every wish is their command. Plus you get all of that extra space, including a larger balcony.

If there are three of you in the room, you will appreciate the extra space.

Plus you get free laundry. Think of going home with all clean clothes!

Plus you get a welcome bottle of wine (sometimes champagne) from the Captain!

Plus you get to go to suite parties with the captain and usually a suite luncheon. You are really treated like a VIP.

That's my two cents. We're traveling in an S suite in a week and a half - our third with HAL.

Roberta

For $500, I'd grab it!

There's the Neptune Lounge (the concierge can handle all questions, reservations...excursions, which eliminates the need to use the front desk)...breakfast in the Pinnacle (free)...priority tendering...special check-in line at port...umbrella and binoculars to use during the cruise...you can put your luggage out in the morning, rather than the evening before...Hors D’oeuvres - complimentary in your cabin, are the things that I can think of.

Archived