Need help with 3 generation trip planning

Pink5

My husband and I are planning an Alaskan cruise with our 3 young children (1,3 & 5). We are also taking both sets of grandparents for their 40th anniversaries. They are active 60 year olds, by active I mean they will be front and center for every spinning class! We are deciding between RC Serenade of the Seas Royal Family Suite with two nearby concierge cabins. Or Celebrity Infinity's Family suite with veranda with two nearby oceanview cabins. Any advice?

I would opt for the Royal Family Suite on the Serenade. It is a very big suite with two bathrooms, one with a tub for bathing the little one. Each bedroom has two twin beds that can convert to a queen, and one bedroom has a third and fourth pullman. Plus there is a couch in the living area that is a sofa bed. The suite will accomodate eight so with just the two of you and the three kids you will have plenty of room. There are plenty of cat D and E cabins nearby for grandpa and grandma.

RCI is more geared to famlies than Celeberty and their kids program is one of the best. It is also a bit more casual so the kids dont have to get dressed up and they will like that. I personally have never been on the Serenade but have been on the Jewel and Mariner. All the grandparents will find plenty to keep them occupied too.

Archived