Stingray tour just to go along??

Liza555

Does anyone know if people who do not want to get in the water at all, are allowed to go on a stingray city tour with their family/friends? We have 5 that want to get in the water, but a few who just want to "come along for the ride" and stay on the boat, but would just like to keep the group intact so we can all be together after the tour etc...

Thanks,

Liza

You can just stay on the boat and take pictures or read a book or whatever. Nobody has to go in the water that doesn't want to.

But once you get there, you may change your mind, so bring swimwear just in case.

Also, if you stay on the boat, some of the crew might bring some stingrays to you.

I am booked on Dec 14th with Moby Dick Tours and my DH did not want to go in the water either but they said everyone paid whether you got in the water or not. I guess it takes up a spot on the boat right?? And you can see them right there beside the boat so why should you get a free ride. :p

Since DH has to pay anyway, we are now taking his snorkel gear along with mine. (Yes, I know they supply them, but our masks are prescription masks). I can't wait! How could I go to GC and NOT do Stingray City. :eek:

Last time we were on our tour, there was a couple that never got in the water (I saw them pay for the excursion, even though they didn't get in the water). They just seemed content to be on the boat. The first time I went, I had no intention of getting in the water...but I did, and I loved it.

Just ask. When we went to Belize, we went on a Stingray tour and my older daughter (13) didn't want to go snorkeling at all. She got to go for a reduced rate. They also told her when she boarded that if she ever wanted to jump into the water and cool off or swim around the boat, that was ok too.

• 3 weeks later...

We went with a 4 year old and my mother who was 70 and did not want to go in the water. When we got out to the sandbar and we saw how safe it was and how shallow (waist deep), everyone went in the water and had a good time. You could see almost better from the boat as the water is so clear -like a swimming pool and it is easier to get pictures of the stingrays from the higher vantage point. So the view is just as good from the boat....but of course it is fun to get in the water and pet the stingrays. My mother was very unsure of going on this trip and it turned out to be a highlight. She still talks of it when we mention that cruise.

Archived