Tropical Dress

Chivalrygirl

I can't answer about HAL but I doubt its any differant.

Tropical atire means flowered shirts for men, sun dresses or capri panys or skirts for ladies...still no shorts.

Its always a fun evening in my experiance....everyone looking so tropical

Can someone please define for me exactly what tropical dress entails and what can be worn or not worn to the dining room?

It simply means wearing that brightly coloured Hawaiian or Caribbean shirt for the one night in the dining room.... but not shorts which are are never permitted at dinner. I understand that during our cruise on Tropical night one passenger from first sitting and three from second sitting were asked to change into long trousers. No one on the third or fourth sitting.

Stephen

I have a nice tropical print dress to wear, which night is it on a seven day cruise?

Might not be a tropical night on a seven day cruise. Usually on the longer cruises when there is more time to have theme nights. But I'm sure you would be OK with your tropical dress on a casual night.

Stephen

I really just love the fact that HAL seem to have one rule for females and one for males. Or wonder if it has something to do with how many bottles of wine are ordered during the duration of the cruise.

I saw a gentleman turned away from one sitting on tropical night wearing a 3/4 pair of trousers, but noted a female who sat near me wearing 3/4 jeans. She was not stopped from entering the dining room! However most evenings her and her partner often had at least 3 bottles of wine on their table. Perhaps this made all the difference or like I said one rule for one and one rule for another.

I really just love the fact that HAL seem to have one rule for females and one for males. Or wonder if it has something to do with how many bottles of wine are ordered during the duration of the cruise.

I saw a gentleman turned away from one sitting on tropical night wearing a 3/4 pair of trousers, but noted a female who sat near me wearing 3/4 jeans. She was not stopped from entering the dining room! However most evenings her and her partner often had at least 3 bottles of wine on their table. Perhaps this made all the difference or like I said one rule for one and one rule for another.

Ah yes, the old 3/4 trousers wine conspiracy theory!! I think you're on to them girl! Keep hacking away and you shall find gold, I tell ya!;)

111121236_TheFarSide.jpg.ccf3edd1832da7d8a35680da1637b9e7.jpg

Do you really want the rules to be the same for both? I think not!

Take a formal night where the suggested dress for males is formal attire....... starched white formal shirt with studs, cuff-links, cummerbund, bow tie and satin lapel jacket with long trousers (satin side stripe), black socks and patent black leather shoes..... and the formal for a lady can be a black cotton sleeveless top with a plain black skirt and simple black shoes!!!!!!!!

Stephen

Do you really want the rules to be the same for both? I think not!

Take a formal night where the suggested dress for males is formal attire....... starched white formal shirt with studs, cuff-links, cummerbund, bow tie and satin lapel jacket with long trousers (satin side stripe), black socks and patent black leather shoes..... and the formal for a lady can be a black cotton sleeveless top with a plain black skirt and simple black shoes!!!!!!!!

Stephen

Stephen:

When you have struggled to get into pantyhose, having put on several pounds since the beginning of the cruise, and tried to scrunch your swollen feet into high-heeled shoes after a long but very enjoyable day of sightseeing then we'll talk, okay? I wish that I could say that I feel your pain but I'd need a couple more glasses of wine before I could say that with a straight face.

Valerie:D

Stephen:

When you have struggled to get into pantyhose, having put on several pounds since the beginning of the cruise, and tried to scrunch your swollen feet into high-heeled shoes after a long but very enjoyable day of sightseeing then we'll talk, okay? I wish that I could say that I feel your pain but I'd need a couple more glasses of wine before I could say that with a straight face.

Valerie:D

Ah my friend Valerie, where would I be without you :D You have gone and said it all, I cannot compete with you. lol

Then there is of course the "long brown arm of the law" How I am getting to love that cop ;)

Then of course if Prinsedam wants to be more formal than the British of British, thats his look out :p

Ah my friend Valerie, where would I be without you :D You have gone and said it all, I cannot compete with you. lol

Then there is of course the "long brown arm of the law" How I am getting to love that cop ;)

Then of course if Prinsedam wants to be more formal than the British of British, thats his look out :p

I think you've got that long brown arm confused with the thin blue line

Now I'm confused - if you've been on the ship for a tropical night, why do you need to ask about the dress code??????

[quote name=Chivalrygirl

Then of course if Prinsedam wants to be more formal than the British of British, thats his look out :p[/quote]

Well, as I am in fact "British", what is your point?

As least I would'n't be caught trying to get into the dining room in the evening wearing a pair of shorts! Knowing how to read and understand a daily programme is a real asset these days!

Stephen

Trying to get a visual here - Why in the world would anyone wear nylons on a Caribbean cruise? anger.gif OK, if you choose to, make sure you buy ones that will fit & be comfy, even if you do gain a pound or 2 or 3 - who cares what size is on the package! Why would anyone ever buy shoes that are uncomfortable, even high heels? dontknow.gif

My dress-up clothes & 3in. heels are quite fancy & are just as comfortable as something I would wear on a Saturday. I won't sacrifice one for the other.

054.gif

Archived