Just Back from Mercury 11/20 - 12/1

MrFSS

Just returned from the 11/20 - 12/1 Mercury cruise to Mexico out of San Diego. Here is the link to my pictures if anyone is interested. We also did a two day pre-cruise in San Diego and some non-cruise pictures are included. Everything is divided up by each day so you can look at those that might be of interest. Check out the flying home section as there are a couple of shots from our plane as we passed over Mercury preparing for the 12/1 cruise.

http://tbedwell.smugmug.com/Vacation/254104

Questions - comments - let me know.

Tom

Welcome back, and thanks for posting the pics!

We were on Mercury in January to the Mexican Riviera and had a wonderful cruise, so looking at those pictures brings back so many great memories!

Just returned from the 11/20 - 12/1 Mercury cruise to Mexico out of San Diego.

Questions -

Tom

Hi Tom:

Do you remember the names of the Rendezvous Duo and the Party Band playing onboard? They were great last February but different groups will have replaced them. We'll be boarding next week for Panama and Miami.

Great review and pictures

We leave on the January 29th,2007 cruise to February 9th,2007

on the Mercuary

We are also goining to San Diego 2 days early staying at the Hampton downtown

The trip you took to San Juan Capistrano by Amtrack sounds interesting Please e-mail all infermation (I am also a train nut from Dayton,Ohio, not far from you ) stur2@woh.rr.com

Cant wait till our Cruise We have over 40 signed up for our Cruise Critic Party

Stur Dayton, Ohio

please e-mail (stur2@woh.rr.com)

Hi Tom:

Do you remember the names of the Rendezvous Duo and the Party Band playing onboard? They were great last February but different groups will have replaced them. We'll be boarding next week for Panama and Miami.

Sorry - I don't know. They just referred to them as "The Celebrity Band". I looked in some of the daily activities guides, but didn't see any names there, either.

Tom,

Thanks for the very entertaining slide show. Good skills !!

How as the onboard feel of the ship, generally, allowing for her 9 years in service ?? We're boarding her next friday for a full Panama transit to Miami, of course anxious to the enth degree...

Other than some ''wear 'n' tear '' signs here and there, she appears to be in solid '' X '' shape.

Cheers

Claude G

;)

Tom,

Wow, you and your camera make a great team. Your Folklorico Show Pictures are stunning!!!! Mexico is such a great place for photography. There is never a shortage to colorful scenes to photograph, and Wow!!!

By the way who is that good looking family that seems to turn up in a lot of your pictures????

Tom,

Thanks for the very entertaining slide show. Good skills !!

How as the onboard feel of the ship, generally, allowing for her 9 years in service ?? We're boarding her next friday for a full Panama transit to Miami, of course anxious to the enth degree...

Other than some ''wear 'n' tear '' signs here and there, she appears to be in solid '' X '' shape.

Cheers

Claude G

;)

I had to look really hard to see any wear and tear. In fact, we were told they had already started putting some new carpet down here and there. About all I saw was some of the lounge type chairs were showing some wear, but everything in our stateroom was good and in fine working order. If I hadn't have heard folks asking about it on this forum before we sailed I probably would never have noticed anything. She is a beautiful ship and we had a great cruise. I hope the waters are as smooth for you as we had (except for one day at sea when they got a little rough). Enjoy your trip.

Tom,

Wow, you and your camera make a great team. Your Folklorico Show Pictures are stunning!!!! Mexico is such a great place for photography. There is never a shortage to colorful scenes to photograph, and Wow!!!

By the way who is that good looking family that seems to turn up in a lot of your pictures????

Thanks, Suzanne. I wondered who that fine looking family was, too!!!:) :) :)

Archived