Question about an RCI Jamaica Excursion...

Good morning all,

I was curious to know if any of you have done the "Discover the Real Jamaica" exursion. It sounds like it would fit all of our traveling party well. There doesn't seem to be too much action lately on the Jamaican board, so I thought I'd try here.

Any thoughts or opinions on this excursion are welcome.

Thanks!

Whatever you want to do in jamaica I would do it with a private tour guide. Doing it on the ship excursions are more expensive and too crowded. I just got back in Oct from our last cruise and used Trevor Hudlin. He was fantastic. Did the tour of Ocho rios which was more fun than I thought it would be-even the kids, ages 10 and 11 loved this. Then we went tubing and then to the beach and then he picked us up and we could have done shopping b ut we wanted to go back to the ship. This took over 5 hours and his cost was more than reasonable. He prepaid for the tubing so we did not have to even deal with money. We just paid him at the end. He did not stick out his hand for tips...what a nice relief. We did give but it was not asked for.We tipped on the tour price not the total since it included the tubing which was 20 pp. The tour to use him was 40 for adults and 32 for the kids.... so that was 20 for the adults and 12 for the kids for all that time. it was safe, fun and informative.

Archived