Aft Stateroom for an Alaska Cruise?

I am currently booked in D1 category stateroom #1104 for an Alaska Cruise. After watching a program on the travel channel I am reconsidering the cabin choice. Is it a good thing to be in an aft cabin for an Alaska cruise? I know the balcony is bigger. From the footage on the program it looked like the view would be better elsewhere on the ship.

Thanks for the advice.

Robert

Hi Robert,

We were in cabin 1100 (also aft) on the Radiance last summer and thought the views were fabulous from that location! You could see the back of the ship, as well as both sides. That's a lot of scenary! You will LOVE this aft location, both for the views as well as the awsome balcony.

Have a great cruise.

Leslie

We had corner aft 9256 on Radiance in Sept for the AK NB trip. The baclony was great, very spacious. The cabin steward could use some work, but that happens sometimes.

We had some fabulous views as we were leaving the ports. One thing we did not see was the wildlife. My aunt & uncle had a forward cabin and they saw whales leaving Juneau and Icy Strait. We never saw them, although we were also on our balcony. I imagine that the sounds of the ship passing by drove them either down or away so we didn't see them by the time the aft part of the ship passed the area.

We have 9256 booked on the Serenade for June. Everything I have read is that if you are ever going to try aft, it should be for Alaska. We had a side balcony for our 15-day RT Hawaii and we loved it - but you only see one side... When you are aft - you get so much more of a view. There are some pics posted somewhere on the Alaska boards (I think under a camera thread that was going a while back) and the view from the aft was amazing. So - I was up at 5am on the day bookings opened to be sure I got that cabin. Soooooooo looking forward to my corner lot! Your cabin was on my list not too far down if my cabin was already booked.

Archived