Pre-paid soda card DAWN

nyc1dxo

Traveling with my son who is 11 years old and does not like to drink anything that is carbinated. If I was to purchase the pre-paid soda card, would there be any type of iced-tea, lemonade, fruit punch available? What does one get offered with this pre-paid drinks?

I think the soda card is basically just that....for soda I found that it was worth it but then again I am a big soda drinker!!
I am sure someone eles will be able to let you know the deal as far as ice tea, fruit punch...or fruit juices.

Debbie

I may be confused cause I've been going back and forth between boards but does NCL offer a teen smoothy card ( maybe it's Celebrity that does this)?
Can anyone confirm? If they do that might be a good deal for a non-carbonated loving 11 year old.

I am so glad you asked this question. My 9 yo also will not drink anything with carbonation. I will be checking into the smoothie card - I'll see if it's worth it. Also, I plan on packing a box of Capri Sun just for him.

NCL does have a smoothie coupon book. It's actually part of the teen program, but we were allowed to purchase them for our young adult kids (20 & 18) who were outside the age limit. Just ask a bartender on your first day at sea. I think it's actually designed for kids 12-17. It was slightly less than $40 for 20 coupons, and can be used for "virgin" cocktails, as well as the fruit smoothies. The fruit smoothies are great :D. Wish I was back on board with a banana smoothie!

If you decide to get one, my husband and I were able to use some of the coupons ourselves without any problems. We don't drink alcohol, and I wish we'd known about them on our first cruise in January on the Sea. We could have saved a little money off the price of the "virgin" cocktails we had.

I am traveling on the Majesty with two 11 years olds, I tried to purchase a smoothy card (teen passport) ahead of time, but they wouldnt let me because I dont have anybody in the right age range. (13-17). Both my daughter and her friend love smoothies, so we will try to ge the passort book for smoothies onboard.

Hopefully that will work for you. We didn't try to order them ahead of time, but had no problem getting them on board. Of course, it may depend on the ship, etc. as to whether or not they allow you to get them.

My suggestion would be to get one coupon book for the 2 of them to share. My DH wasn't thinking, and bought each of our kids one. Even with 4 of us to share the coupons, I brought home 19 excess coupons. I had a cold, and wasn't feeling much like the milk bases smoothied, and in Alaska the frozen mocktails didn't sound all that good, as I was already feeling chilly. The 3 of them just weren't able to consume 40 smoothies over 7 days.

Archived