Rum & Rum Cakes

RoryS

Can anyone tell me where to buy rum and good rum cakes in Georgetown? We'll have the morning to shop and I was wondering if any store will deliver to the ship, so we don't have to return to the ship to drop off and can just continue with our tour (after our shopping).

If you are buying rum duty free you won't have an option. It MUST be delivered to the ship. Shop early, as the stores have to cut off orders a couple hours before last tender to make the deliveries.

There is a Tortuga Rum sales outlet right by the North terminal (on the sea side of the road). They sell Tortuga Rum, of course, and various other liquors, all duty free. It is alos an excellent location to buy your Tortuga Rum Cake. I'm fairly sure they will deliver that to the ship as well, but be sure to ask. Perhaps others on this board can confirm this?

Buy as much Rum Cake as you want. It won't count against your duty free allowance of goods you are taking back into the US.

Archived