Insurance Question and Noro-virus

Please forgive me if this has been discussed. I am new to the boards and haven't cruised yet - our first will be in March.

OK - for my question:

If you have purchased insurance from the cruiseline and become ill with this virus, is there any kind of reimbursement?

Another question: I read that people were quarrantined on this last outbreak on Freedom of the seas. Exactly WHERE were they isolated?

Thanks for your answers.

If you have purchased insurance from the cruiseline and become ill with this virus, is there any kind of reimbursement?

If you mean for the doctor's visit, yes. If you mean part of the cruise no.

Another question: I read that people were quarrantined on this last outbreak on Freedom of the seas. Exactly WHERE were they isolated?

They would be confined to their cabins unless they were very severe case then they do have a few beds in their hospital. They would received Room Service meals from the menu offered in the Dining Rooms (but you would be recommended to have clear liquids and chicken soup).

When I was sick once, they let me have some movies for free. I did not have Noro Virus.

Interesting question. I was confined to bedrest on one of my cruises for the last 2 days, and never even thought to claim it through insurance (they did pay for my dr visit). I was enjoying my balcony for those 2 days that I really did not feel like I missed out. Of course, it wasn't Noro...

Archived