Capt Marvins - Turtles/City Tour + Butterfly Farm

lallybrock

I have been to GC & have done Pedro St. James, Atlantis & Stingray City/snorkeling so I was looking for something different this time. I was there last week & booked a tour with Capt Marvin. On their website they have a Turtles/city tour for $25. It includes the Turtle Farm, Hell, Tortuga Rumcake Factory & photo stops at 7 Mile beach & the governors house. We asked them to add the Butterfly Farm & they did for a total of $40 per person. This was definitely worth it as we had a total of 18 people that included children ages 3 - 13 as well as their parents & grandparents. The buses have AC. During the entire tour the guide gave info about the island & lots of other misc things. He pointed things out for us to look at. He didn't just transport us to the various places & tell us to meet him back at the bus but instead actually led us through the as our guide. Everyone loved this tour & we highly recommend it if you're looking for something different to do.

By the way there were 7 ships in port while I was there & Georgetown was so congested that it was miserable. In the past the most that I've ever seen was 5 ships & thought that was bad. The tour guide said that there can be 9 or 10 ships at times. This is the first time that I truely couldn't wait to get away from the city due to the massive amounts of people. Hopefully they don't continue to increase the amount of ships that they will allow to be in their port at once.

Lallybrock

The $40 included the admission to the turtle farm and butterfly farm. There were 4 people that were dropped off at Seagrape Beach to spend the remainder of the day and yes they were responsible to find their way back to the port. The rest of us were dropped off at the pier. By the way there was only 1 tour time offered for this excursion & that was 10:45 am. That gave us plenty of time to tender off the ship and leisurely get to Capt Marvins (only a couple blocks down the main street) It lasted 3 hours (maybe 3 1/2).

Archived