Where to buy summer clothes?

Here are a few options in case you can't find anything on clearance right now.

Lands End usually offers shorts and more summery clothing all year long on their website. They probably still have summer stuff on clearance.

Talbots always brings out a winter selection of cruising clothes, but you will definitely pay a bit more. They have everything from petites to women's sizing.

If you are sailing out of Florida and can come in a day early, check out Bealls. They always have summer/beach clothes available all the time. Their prices are quite reasonable.

Hope this helps!

High end designer cruisewear is coming out now. They start selling around Thanksgiving or shortly thereafter. Most of the stuff that I am seeing is way too dressy and expensive for my tastes.

With the exception of my cruise last week, we always go in late January, and have had luck only with Talbots online. They carry a nice selection of women's sizes. They will be expensive and INHO their delivery service is not good. They use DHL @ Home and it's a silly system. Don't get me started on why they ship through DHL and then deliver it through the USPS

Good luck finding something for December! It's too late for the clearance sales and too early for mainstream summer duds.

If all else fails, you might want to try calling Macys or some other department store in Florida, where they prbably carry summer weight clothing all year. Maybe they have personal shopper service who would be able to shop the store for you in your sizes and then ship it to you. I don't think there would be a charge for such a service (only shipping) and it would be worth a phone call. Since Macys has taken over the retail world, however, I don't know how good their sales help is any more. They were never great to begin with.

--Judy

Here's a couple of places I've had luck with

Beall's

http://www.beallsflorida.com/default

Just My Size

http://www.jms.com/

Cold Water Creek

http://www.coldwatercreek.com/home.aspx

Also try Land's End. The best part is that because of the time of the year it is you need to check the clearance pages and should be able to get some great deals.

Land's End and Coldwater Creek will be coming out with catalogs just after December, probably the first week of Janauary that have their early Spring selections. Even LL Bean does. They know that vacationers and cruisers need such clothing and also their customers in warmer areas such as South Florida and the South West. All these catalogs have clothing in size 18 (1X).

Archived