NCL's Island Beach Break?

MizDaisy

In February 2006 we were taken to Bannister Caye by tender from the DAWN:D

Chris Sea.....We're thinking of going to Bannister Island, also off the Legend on 24 DEC....How was it?? I hear you can go snorkeling from there.

Thanks,

Kevin

Chris Sea.....We're thinking of going to Bannister Island, also off the Legend on 24 DEC....How was it?? I hear you can go snorkeling from there.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin:)

It started out a sunny day. When we arrived by tender directly from the ship, it started to rain.

There were nice lounge chairs and plenty of blue foam cushions to line the lounges and to float on. There was a volleyball net. Bar-b-que stations, a bar with music (outdoor but covered)Kayaks you could rent.

Dolphins swam behind the tender :) Can't remember anything about snorkeling:o

Did you check out the website nolaAlive posted? Thos are good pictures of what Bannister Caye looked like

Thanks,

Kevin

There is no snorkeling directly from the island. Swimming is limited to a specifc area. You could snorkel there, but you won't see anything. If you also want snorkeling, I would look for some sort of snorkel/island package.

Thanks Chris Sea...yes, i checked out the web site....thanks.

NolaAlive....I was wondering about the snorkeling as the web site says they have snorkeing trips from Bannister island....I assume there's a bit of a boat trip to the snorkeling site. Has anyone done this? Is the snorkeling good?

Thanks,

Kevin

Would anyone suggest booking through the boat rather than independently? My only thoughts on booking through the ship is that if we tender their directly from the ship we don't get to see any of Belize city. If we're not huge into shopping would not seeing belize city be worth the excursion?

NolaAlive....I was wondering about the snorkeling as the web site says they have snorkeing trips from Bannister island....I assume there's a bit of a boat trip to the snorkeling site. Has anyone done this? Is the snorkeling good?

I don't believe the website is accurate. I think you have to book a combination trip in advance. You will do snorkeling prior to arriving at the island, although I suppose they could switch the order and go snorkeling after.

Here is an example:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=257119

Would anyone suggest booking through the boat rather than independently? My only thoughts on booking through the ship is that if we tender their directly from the ship we don't get to see any of Belize city. If we're not huge into shopping would not seeing belize city be worth the excursion?

I was under the impression that you had to book Bannister Caye through the ship :confused: The tender brings you back to the ship and you have the option of taking a different tender into Belize City.We chose not to as it was raining when we got back on the ship .

Archived