Zipline with cave tubing...which company to book?

torybruno

sstephy: I have only been to Belize once & did not know about the purses then. I would recommend an excursion in this port & shop when you return. There is not much in the city & it's pretty dingy. Based on the other thread I mentioned it sounds like the Tourism Village is right near the pier. Did you scroll down the Belize thread for the heading I mentioned?

Hi Gracie, gosh I love your name. :)

Yes, I did scroll through the Belize thread and read all mentions of purses, knockoff's, etc and it was very helpful.

My family is going on a cavetubing excursion, but I'll be staying behind and may venture into the village close to the time they are either leaving or returning to wait for them and of course find the purses.

I think everything I've read about Belize is to not venture out alone and to stay in groups so I'll be sticking close to others from my ship and won't be out of eyesight of other cruisers. You're right, the village is right at the end of the pier and from what I've 'read' it's not very big. Unfortunately I won't be visiting the other ports you mentioned. I think the only one that may have any knockoffs is Grand Cayman (but have a feeling they only sell the real ones there).

Thanks again for your help. Steph

Hi Gracie, gosh I love your name. :)

Yes, I did scroll through the Belize thread and read all mentions of purses, knockoff's, etc and it was very helpful.

My family is going on a cavetubing excursion, but I'll be staying behind and may venture into the village close to the time they are either leaving or returning to wait for them and of course find the purses.

I think everything I've read about Belize is to not venture out alone and to stay in groups so I'll be sticking close to others from my ship and won't be out of eyesight of other cruisers. You're right, the village is right at the end of the pier and from what I've 'read' it's not very big. Unfortunately I won't be visiting the other ports you mentioned. I think the only one that may have any knockoffs is Grand Cayman (but have a feeling they only sell the real ones there).

Thanks again for your help. Steph

Steph: I did not find them in Grand Cayman or Cozumel & I looked & asked for them. Ocho Rios had a few but not as cheap as what I am used to paying. It looks like Belize is the best bet for them on The Western Caribbean. My e-mail address is: beachfloyd@aol.com if you ever get a chance to go eastern let me know & I can tell you where to go.

When is your cruise? Never mind I see now 4/8. If you go to Cozumel & Grand Cayman get Margarita's in Cozumel. Two drinks at Margarativille Grand Cayman where $22.00 for two regular size one's. We got 3 drinks & lunch at Ocho Rios Margaritville for just a little more.

Hi Gracie, I agree Cayman prices are pretty steep on almost everything from a drink to jewelry. I was there a few years ago and just shook my head as I walked from store to store. However, their prices and the upscale atmosphere on Grand Cayman is what makes it distinctive and stand out from so many of the other Caribbean Islands.

I'll keep your e-mail address on file and will contact you for insider shopping info when I'm in the eastern Caribbean next.

Thanks so much for your advice. Steph

Archived