Wireless on Noordam in rooms?

cat1

Does anyone know if the suites on Noordam are equipped with wifi? I heard of "hot spots" but didn't know if that meant the rooms or what the charge was.

thanks in advance.

While it's possible to get connected from a mid-ship cabin (near the atrium or near the Neptune Lounge), it isn't part of the offered program. Details of charges, etc. can be fonund at the Digital Seas (HAL's service provider) web site.

It would be nice if DigitalSeas would update their information on the coverage for each ship. The Noordam information hasn't changed since the previous Noordam, The Westerdam doesn't exist. We were too far aft to get a usable signal in our cabin on either ship, so we used the Neptune lounge on Noordam. The hotspot in the Neptune on Westerdam wasn't working most of the time when we were on that ship, so we used the lounge area just outside the internet cafe most of the time.

Wow and I thought the recent Internet charges on RCCL were steep. I guess the 250 minutes for $100 isn't too bad for ships wifi. What got me was room dialup at .50 per minute and "our unique E-Mail service Cruise mail" the outgoing e-mail service at 3.95 per e-mail! :eek:

My dream is to have unlimited wifi flat rate in the $100 range in cabin with it being complimentary for attaining a certain level in the Mariner Society. How many years do you think that will take? ;)

We just had a midship cabin on Noordam right across from the Neptune Lounge and I was unable to pick up a wireless signal. I spent a lot of time in the Explorer's Cafe, which was not too much of a hardship. It's one of the best spaces at sea, in my opinion.

I also dream of flat-rate, unlimited wifi access in my cabin, though. I hope I live to see it on HAL. RCCL's unlimited dial-up service was slow but still useful. I could download email and IM my sister. And it was convenient not to have to haul the laptop down to a public space.

Happy cruising and computing,

Susan

I know the Celebrity Century now has unlimited wireless in all of their rooms. Maybe HAL will catch on.

Appears to be a vendor issue - not necessarily a cruiseline issue.

Hopefully Digital Seas will catch up, or CCL/HAL will move its business to a better provider...

Archived