Nativeway lunch?

familycruzer

Just did this a couple of weeks ago. They give you a menu with appetizers, salads and sandwich platters and instruct each person to pick 1 item. If you wanted to get an extra item, i.e. conch fritters, you can pay extra for that. I remember burgers, grilled chicken sandwiches, chicken wrap sandwiches, chicken fingers, salads with grilled chicken, blackened grouper sandwich, another grilled fish sandwich, I believe there was a veggie burger. A couple of our group had the fish of the day plate which came with a grilled fish, rice and beans. Most come with fries or side salad. I believe that drinks were just iced tea and maybe a fruit punch? Booze drinks were extra and weren't cheap.... I think like $7 for a margarita.

Sandwiches were pretty good sized.... in hindsight hubby and I wished we had ordered one sandwich & fries and then the appetizer conch fritters as our second dish and shared everything.

It was all quite yummy!

Lisa D

We did this a few weeks ago.

I was boring and had a jerk sauce cheeseburger with fries. Very tasty.

My wife and son had fish and chips. HUGE portions and were very yummy.

Food was good. Margaritas were EXPENSIVE! Like $13 each US. Beer would probably have been a cheaper choice.

The lunch is at Rum Point and is straight off the Wreck Bar menu there.

Catch of the day is always mahi-mahi with some sort of sauce, served with rice & beans and corn on the cob. The sauce varies daily. I remember things like a coconut ginger, thai curry, coconut cream, and several others.

One of my menu favorites at Rum Point is the jerk pork sandwich, though you can have this as a jerk pork plate with the aformentioned rice & beans and corn. Other favorties include sweet chili garlic wings, boboli chicken sandwich, or a chicken caesar wrap. All yummy.

The bar is known for a wide assortment of blender drinks adn prices can be a bit steep. Never fear, they also serve imported beers like Budweiser, Miller Lite, Heineken, or Amstel. (Hey even Bud is an import here in Cayman!)

Archived